LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 214 users in the forums

Baalke's chance for a masterpiece?

Originally posted by E-49er:
A masterpiece would be not using any of our top pick to trade for Revis. Especially if he is gonna be one and done. I would like to see 2 DL, CB, Safety and WR in the first 2 days.

This. 2 DL, a CB, a safety and a WR in the first five picks sounds perfect.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think people are being unrealistically optimistic about Alex's trade value. It'd be one thing if the 49ers were planning on keeping him long-term but teams know that the 49ers are planning to dump him shortly. Why give up a high draft pick if you can wait a week or two and sign him as a free agent? If I'm a team like the Chiefs, I'm more willing to use my 2nd round pick to draft a quarterback than trade for what many will look at as a veteran stopgap.

I don't think a 2nd rounder is in the cards but an early-mid 4th rounder is quite realistic. Its high enough to reflect the value that acquiring Alex without having to negotiate or compete with other teams for his services will provide.

fail
The first 5 picks on monstrous,mean, angry, and very black 375 lb defensive linemen
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I think people are being unrealistically optimistic about Alex's trade value. It'd be one thing if the 49ers were planning on keeping him long-term but teams know that the 49ers are planning to dump him shortly. Why give up a high draft pick if you can wait a week or two and sign him as a free agent? If I'm a team like the Chiefs, I'm more willing to use my 2nd round pick to draft a quarterback than trade for what many will look at as a veteran stopgap.

I don't think a 2nd rounder is in the cards but an early-mid 4th rounder is quite realistic. Its high enough to reflect the value that acquiring Alex without having to negotiate or compete with other teams for his services will provide.

fail

lol, I saw Michael Jordan miss a dunk once...
Maybe the 2013 draft will be for Baalke what the 1986 draft was for Bill Walsh.
A masterpiece would be not using any of our top pick to trade for Revis. Especially if he is gonna be one and done. I would like to see 2 DL, CB, Safety and WR in the first 2 days.

Could see a arguement for TE as well.

f**k Revis. I bet it was the NY media that started this rumor.

If Goldson walks, I think we should pickup Woodson. Don't wan 2 rookies in our backfield. Being with the most complete team in the NFL, I don't think Woodson will ask for much; at this point I think he values another SB ring more, and we are the odds on favorite.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
We'd be better off trading one of the first two picks for a pick in first round next year. I want a top 10 pick in next year's draft - which is loaded.
i really hope they don't go fishing for some short term free agents and keeping looking for younger talent to keep the machine churning. with the cap the way it is, it's almost a necessity that it plays like that.
Share 49ersWebzone