LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

Manningham Question

• eman
  • Veteran
I was reading the rules on comp picks and it says it is based on contract, playing time, games played and postseason honors
Morgan and Manningham was a near wash, but on the year Morgan appeared in all games while manningham missed atleast 3 games and counting, and Morgan has better stats in addition to having better contract
will that net us better pick, probably 5 and 7, instead of getting two 7's as we previously thought?
we can end up with 1
3/ 3/ 3 (comp +snyder)
5/ 5/ 5 (indy, comp costanzo and morgan)
6/ 6 (miami)
7/ 7 (cincy trade)
[ Edited by eman on Dec 22, 2012 at 8:38 PM ]
I can't see Snyder netting us a 3rd. He's starting and signed a multi year deal, but it wasn't a huge deal $ wise and its not like he's going to be All Pro.

OTOH, i would think Snyder would cancel out our Manningham signing, meaning we would be compensated for Josh Morgan... which i guess is about a 4th rd comp. No idea on Constanzo, 6th or 7th there.
Originally posted by azninersfan:
I can't see Snyder netting us a 3rd. He's starting and signed a multi year deal, but it wasn't a huge deal $ wise and its not like he's going to be All Pro.

OTOH, i would think Snyder would cancel out our Manningham signing, meaning we would be compensated for Josh Morgan... which i guess is about a 4th rd comp. No idea on Constanzo, 6th or 7th there.

Most sources have the 49ers netting a 3rd round comp pick and 2 7th rounders.
Snyder netting a 3rd is robbery. Not saying it won't happen, just that it's utter robbery. I love it!

You also forgot the 1st round pick the Jets will be sending us for Alex Smith
Share 49ersWebzone