There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Full mock draft offseason:

Re-Sign -

TE- Delanie Walker 3 yrs
NT- Issac Sopoago 2 yrs (hometown discount)
ILB- Tavares Gooden 2 yrs
NT- Ricky Jean Francois

Trade -

Alex Smith to Kansas City for their 2014 3rd round pick. I think KC drafts Geno Smith at #1 but he is not ready to start yet. They will let him learn for a few years while Alex Smith starts. We pay Smith his $1M roster bonus in march and have a month to shop him before the remaining $7.5M salary becomes guarenteed April 1. Although teams know we will most likely cut Smith, I think a team like KC would be wise to send a pick our way to ensure they get Smith to come to their team. If Tebow can get a 4th, Alex Smith can get a 3rd.

Extend -

DE- Justin Smith- 3 yrs

Lose -

FS- Dashon Goldson
WR- Randy Moss
LB- Larry Grant
RB- Brandon Jacobs
KR- Ted Ginn
OLB- Clark Haggins
CB- Tramaine Brock
S- Darcel McBath
OLB- Parys Harlason (Cut)
K- David Akers (Cut)

2014 FA's

OC- Jon Goodwin
CB- Tarell Brown
CB- Perrish Cox
SS- Donte Whitner
WR- Mario Manningham
WR- Kyle Williams

NFL Draft -

1. (32) WR- Tavon Austin, WVU 5'9, 176
Tavon Austin is arguably the most exciting player in college football. Austin caught 110 balls for 1259 yards and 12 TD, rushed 61 times for 598 yards and 3 TD, and also served as WVU's primary punt and kick returner. This guy teamed with LeMichael James and Colin Kaepernick will give offenses fits.

2. (62) FS- Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma 5'10, 200
Jefferson plays well in space and is extremely smart. He is an excellent tackler and would be the only starter to come out of this draft if we dont find a veteran. I like Goldson but with Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, Aldon Smith and others who will deserve HUGE raises we just cannot give Goldson, or any FS for that matter, the money he is asking for.

3a. (66) f/m Carolina Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU 5'9, 175
Yes, the guy is a meat head but we have the depth and the picks to take a chance on arguably one of the best players in the draft.

3b. (94) DE/DT- Bennie Logan, LSU 6'3, 292
Distruptive, active player who will provide nice depth.

3c. Comp SS- Shawn Williams, Georgia
Whitner is a FA in a year. We might be looking for a replacement and Williams is a good one.

4. (126) Michael Buchanan OLB, Clemson 6'6, 245
Big talented pass rusher

5a. (148- f/m Indy) A.J Klein MLB, Iowa State 6'1, 240

5b. (155) Brad Sorensen QB, Southern Utah 6'4, 225

6a. (f/m Miami) K- Dustin Hopkins, Florida State 6'2, 190
Big, powerful and accurate leg.

6b. OT- Alex Hurst, LSU 6'6, 330

Depth Chart -

QB:

Colin Kaepernick
Scott Tolzien
Brad Sorensen

RB:

Frank Gore
Kendall Hunter
LeMichael James
Anthony Dixon

FB:

Bruce Miller
Will Tukuafu

TE:

Vernon Davis
Delanie Walker

WR1: Michael Crabtree
WR2: Mario Manningham
WR3: AJ Jenkins
WR4: Tavon Austin
WR5- Kyle Williams

LT: Joe Staley
LG: Mike Iupati
C: Jon Goodwin - Daniel Kilgore
RG: Alex Boone - Joe Looney
RT: Anthony Davis - Alex Hurst

LE: Justin Smith - Demarcus Dobbs
NT: Issac Sopoago - Ricky Jean Francois - Ian Williams
RE: Ray McDonald - Bennie Logan

OLB: Aldon Smith - Darius Fleming
ILB: Patrick Willis - Tavares Gooden
ILB: Navarro Bowman - AJ Klein
OLB: Ahmad Brooks - Michael Buchanan

CB: Tarell Brown - Carlos Rogers - Tyrann Mathieu
CB: Chris Culliver - Perrish Cox
FS: Tony Jefferson - Trenton Robinson
SS: Donte Whitner - Shawn Williams - CJ Spillman

K: Dustin Hopkins
P: Andy Lee
LS: Brian Jennings
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Dec 10, 2012 at 8:24 PM ]
don't like us losing Goldson or picking a Wr in the 1st round for the second year in a row unless it's BPA, I"m sure we can find one in the later rounds other than that I"m fine with it
Delanie walker needs to go. we need to keep goldton, why mess up the ##t pass defense. Say goodbye to grant,jacobs,ginn,harylson try and keep everyome else
Draft: I would like to see us manuever our picks to a 1st,2seconds,2thirds
1.Alex Okafor(pass rusher)haralson' replacement
2.Mike Gillislee(rb-f.gore's eventual replacement)
2.Corderelle Patterson(wr)excellent addition to our corp.
3.Margus Hunt(3/4 de)a beast, would be nice to swat some passes away
3.Desmond Trufont(cb)could be the shutdown corner that every team covet
To manuever this we had to use a 4th round pick. move back into the 4th
4.Kwame Geathers(nt)a nt that can get u some qb hurries and a sack or two
MLB
Center[rotational developmental players]
De
Cb
Why keep Delaine Butterfingers Walker????

Draft a TE in the 2nd-3rd, we have enough ammo to have up to get one.

Totally agree on the Alex trade. He is a quality player, good in the locker room, salary friendly - all weigh positively for a trade. He can mentor a QB for 2 years. And if Flynn, Kolb and Tebow are worth what they are getting, Alex shouldn't be a problem.
Team needs dline and LB depth. WR in the first round would be a bad pick imo
Originally posted by sachie23:

Is that so?

-Moss is a FA this offseason
-Ginn is a FA this offseason
-Manningham has one year left on his deal.
-Williams has one year left on his deal
-Crabtree has two years left on his deal

It typically takes receivers three years to develop. I for one do not want to be left with AJ Jenkins as our only WR.

A DE or LB taken high in the draft will be a rotational player only while a WR/KR will make a big impact. How many times will Brooks and Aldon be taken off? very rarely. Smith and McDonald play the majority. We need backups but we do not need to spend premium picks on backups.

Sopoago was a 4th round pick. Smith was a FA. McDonald was a 3rd round pick. Ricky Jean Francois was a 7th round pick. Dobbs, Tukuafu and Ian Williams were all undrafted FA's. 3-4 linemen are very easy to find.

We need to keep the WR pipeline fresh.

I for one think WR and CB are our biggest area's of concern for this draft year.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Dec 11, 2012 at 11:04 AM ]
Originally posted by 228niner:
don't like us losing Goldson or picking a Wr in the 1st round for the second year in a row unless it's BPA, I"m sure we can find one in the later rounds other than that I"m fine with it

Safeties are the easiest position to find. Goldson is not worth the 8 mil a year he is asking for. If he accepts the 5 year 25 mil deal that is offered to him then fine. But I highly doubt he does.

He was a 5th round pick as well. If anything, we need to spend premium picks on a WR because they are harder to find later on in the draft as compared to safeties.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Dec 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM ]
No Honey Badger and agree with sachie that the d-line needs to be addressed earlier.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by sachie23:

Is that so?

It typically takes receivers three years to develop. I for one do not want to be left with AJ Jenkins as our only WR.

A DE or LB taken high in the draft will be a rotational player only while a WR/KR will make a big impact. How many times will Brooks and Aldon be taken off? very rarely. Smith and McDonald play the majority. We need backups but we do not need to spend premium picks on backups.

Sopoago was a 4th round pick. Smith was a FA. McDonald was a 3rd round pick. Ricky Jean Francois was a 7th round pick. Dobbs, Tukuafu and Ian Williams were all undrafted FA's. 3-4 linemen are very easy to find.

I for one think WR and CB are our biggest area's of concern for this draft year.

Well then it would appear to me that a priority for the off season would be to

1. Extend Mario Manningham
2. Extend Crabtree

Then you have your top 2 WR's locked up for 5 years........... No need to draft a WR in the top 2 rounds for years.

I also want to puke on resigning Walker, let him walk.

If Larry Grant is reasonable I would rather get him signed .

Drafting a back up TE who will play seems like an obvious choice to me, Zach Ertz come on down.
No more Walker! I dont want a guy that surprises me when he happens to catch the ball!

No more Ginn! He is only good for punt returns and is hurt too much! Plus his effort to recover the bad pitch from Kap pissed me off!

Bring Moss back for another year if possible, seems like the whole team loves him , and he seems to draw double coverage.
I'd prefer keeping Goldson. Long term I don't see us resigning Culliver. Corners always get insanely overpaid. Iupati is a must resign, but Anthony Davis should only be kept if he can move over to LT and then it's bye bye Staley. Boone slides over to RT.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'd prefer keeping Goldson. Long term I don't see us resigning Culliver. Corners always get insanely overpaid. Iupati is a must resign, but Anthony Davis should only be kept if he can move over to LT and then it's bye bye Staley. Boone slides over to RT.

-I too would like to keep Goldson and hopefully he agrees to a 5 mil a year deal instead of the 8 mil he wants.

-Culliver has Pro Bowl written all over him. He wont be going anywhere

-Davis would get killed as a LT in pass protection. Staley wont be going anywhere.
-I too would like to keep Goldson and hopefully he agrees to a 5 mil a year deal instead of the 8 mil he wants.

-Culliver has Pro Bowl written all over him. He wont be going anywhere

-Davis would get killed as a LT in pass protection. Staley wont be going anywhere.

Only so much money to go around. Come the end of next season Aldon Smith and Kap are going to get paid.
Is that so?

Moss and Ginn are/were EXPECTED to go after this yr. so there's no sudden urgency or suprise , and we have Williams, a 1st. rounder, and Crabtree. We can also get Lockette off the practice squad and get a FA vet or WR in 4th round..We need a guy like the guy that caused us havoc last nite (Wilfork), so NT, DE, TE, LB, then maybe a WR.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Well then it would appear to me that a priority for the off season would be to

1. Extend Mario Manningham
2. Extend Crabtree

Then you have your top 2 WR's locked up for 5 years........... No need to draft a WR in the top 2 rounds for years.

I also want to puke on resigning Walker, let him walk.

If Larry Grant is reasonable I would rather get him signed .

Drafting a back up TE who will play seems like an obvious choice to me, Zach Ertz come on down.

AGREE WITH YOUR ENTIRE POST AND PLAYER SELECTIONS !,, U ROCKED IT DUDE