LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

14 draft picks in the 2013 Draft

• pd24
  • Veteran
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-have-stock-piled-plenty-of-2013-dr?blockID=810175&feedID=5936

49ers 2013 picks1. First round: Own pick2. Second round: Own pick3. Third round: Own pick4. Third round: From Carolina in trade-back during 2012 draft5. Third round: Likely compensatory selection6. Fourth round: Own pick7. Fifth round: Own pick8. Fifth round: From Indianapolis in trade-back during 2012 draft9. Sixth round: Own pick10. Sixth round: From Miami in trade-back during 2012 draft11. Seventh round: Own pick12. Seventh round: From Cincinnati for Taylor Mays13. Seventh round: Likely compensatory selection14. Seventh round: Likely compensatory selection

4 in the 1st 3 rounds and the 3 rookies that we drafted in the 1st 3 rounds this year. That is how you build depth and make the need for FA's less likely. A lot of options to move up in this draft and get an extra 1st and 2nd rounder. I love the way Baalke is always 1 step ahead.
Who did we lose that is worthy of receiving a 3rd rd pick as compensation?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We should draft a kicker for sure.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I think Morgan and Snyder
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN RT @realjeffsimmons Who did they lose to warrant 3rd round compensation? > Only FA added was Manningham. Snyder & Morgan signed big deals.
I believe that next year we will be in excellent position to be a great team with great depth. Only starters we may be losing is Alex Smith and Goldson but, even if we do, we can readily fill those positions with our newcomers.
Originally posted by pd24:

I think Morgan and Snyder

Cool. Already forgot about both of them. I would be VERY happy if the Niners got a 3rd rounder because of Morgan and Snyder. Lots of ammo to move up to get some impact guys.
Cool. Already forgot about both of them. I would be VERY happy if the Niners got a 3rd rounder because of Morgan and Snyder. Lots of ammo to move up to get some impact guys.

That'd be nuts, I'd be ecstatic as hell with a 4th rounder, but an additional 3rd, that would be crazy.
we have the ammo to trade into the lower rounds , which would be a smarter move ...lets get the players we know have a realistic chance of making the team , a bunch of late round picks will only be bodies for training camp , if we could get another 2nd or 3rd round round pick , I would be one happy 49ers fan

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN RT @realjeffsimmons Who did they lose to warrant 3rd round compensation? > Only FA added was Manningham. Snyder & Morgan signed big deals.

Costanzo will count for us, since he signed a 2 yr deal.

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

What round do you think we get for him?

7th for Costanzo
7th for Morgan
3rd for Snyder
  • pd24
  • Veteran

7th for Costanzo
7th for Morgan
3rd for Snyder

I can see maybe 5 or 6 guys making the team. We should package some late round picks and get another 3rd, that way we would have 5 or 6 in the first 3 rounds.

7th for Costanzo
7th for Morgan
3rd for Snyder

3rd for Snyder.

That's comedy. LOL. I love that it was the Cards too. Hrmm...they seem to be having trouble at guard. I wonder why? LOL.

Maybe its the same reason the Bears have trouble at guard. ROTFLMAO!!
Why a 3rd?
Share 49ersWebzone