There are 1,011 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

RB needs?

Originally posted by Decima_Mas:
It' s true. Last year you were a big fan of Vic Ballard and you were right.
What's your opinion about Mike Gillislee. I like him a lot but i don't see many fans of him in the zone

Nice player. Kind of flying under the radar because he doesn't have much playing experience going into 2012, but could end up a high second rounder if he runs well at the combine. The guy is a reliable workhorse who plays his best in big games. Solid all around game. Doesn't have the raw toughness of a Taylor, but surely has more wiggle. Very excited to see what he can pull off this offseason.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Nice player. Kind of flying under the radar because he doesn't have much playing experience going into 2012, but could end up a high second rounder if he runs well at the combine. The guy is a reliable workhorse who plays his best in big games. Solid all around game. Doesn't have the raw toughness of a Taylor, but surely has more wiggle. Very excited to see what he can pull off this offseason.

Thank you. Interesting analysis
still want stepfan taylor. would be a nice successor for gore.
Originally posted by communist:
Hunter is more of a complement to Gore not a substitute; Gore turns 30 next year...I wouldnt rule out drafting us a RB early.

Well said. I also think that we will draft someone similar in stature and style to Gore. The Niners will still need some thunder to go with the lightning (Hunter and James).
With all the picks we have I am confident we take at least one. Probably one with a 3rd round pick and a late pick as well.
RB seems to be a position where there is a lot of value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds lately.
With all of the needs for depth and the history of successful later round RB picks, I'd rather see them hold off. They used a high pick on RB last year. I'd rather see some OLB, WR, TE depth and talent.
[ Edited by Butter on Dec 8, 2012 at 9:25 AM ]