LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 124 users in the forums

Would you take Matt Barkley in the 2nd?

Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
This is dumb - Barkley is still going to be the #1 overall pick.

And any talk of height is ridiculous. Most of the modern era hall of fame QBs are 6-2 or 6-3. That seems like the optimal zone.

god I hope I remember to bump this when he's not
yea no way he is picked #1 haha. he has the best WR duo and still cant produce enough passing yards to win and has way too many interceptions. plus his new injury will set him back even further. he looks really dumb now for not going to the 2012 draft.

And any talk of height is ridiculous. Most of the modern era hall of fame QBs are 6-2 or 6-3. That seems like the optimal zone.

HELL NO

if you wont I will haha
He looks like a 3rd round QB as of late. Arm strength is still in question as well as velocity IMO. He looks like a Kevin Kolb clone, honestly.

I'd take a chance on Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray, Tylor Wilson, and Geno Smith over Barkley.
Tolzien would beat out Barkley for a spot on the 49ers roster
Originally posted by SF69ers:
He looks like a 3rd round QB as of late. Arm strength is still in question as well as velocity IMO. He looks like a Kevin Kolb clone, honestly.

I'd take a chance on Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray, Tylor Wilson, and Geno Smith over Barkley.

Barkely looks like a jimmy clausen clone to me.

No-would be a wasted pick. USC QB's never pan out to be anything but average at the most. We have more pressing needs. I am more than satisfied with what we have. The same with wr and rb. This year safety, DL, OLB I think are the top priorities if the talent is there.
I wouldnt touch him with a 10 feet pole
No. But I would happily take Jonathan Franklin in the 2nd round

Originally posted by SolRebe1:

why THE HELL would we take a RB in the 2nd round?

Gore
Hunter
LMJ (it's still too early to give up on him)
Jacobs (you never know how that will play out)

then you have extra "depth" with guys like Dixon and Hampton. A RB may be needed but no way in hell do we need to take one in the 2nd round.

stop being a homer
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

why THE HELL would we take a RB in the 2nd round?

Gore
Hunter
LMJ (it's still too early to give up on him)
Jacobs (you never know how that will play out)

then you have extra "depth" with guys like Dixon and Hampton. A RB may be needed but no way in hell do we need to take one in the 2nd round.

stop being a homer

DEFENSE... Niners need depth on the DL, another pass rushing OLB, secondary help. I dont see any reason to draft an offensive player in the first 4 rounds.
  • bors
  • Veteran
would take for a mcdouble(no cheese doe)
Share 49ersWebzone