LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

SunDevil Big Board 2013

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Maybe I missed it somewhere in this thread, but how can you not have Eric Reid as one of your top 5 safeties (I saw him listed on the link post, but not the first page of this thread)? I personally think he's the top FS in the draft, but I realize that's always debatable. But to not have him anywhere on either FS or SS list? Any particular reason?

Great point. I missed that. I'd put Reid in Goodman's spot and drop him out of the top 64 altogether.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
That's really good looking top 64 ya got, SunDevil. I'm amazed at how underrated Poyer is on some other sites. I still think Justin Hunter should be bumped on your list about a dozen spots... but overall .

Thanks, will probably have 2 more revisions on the draft. Its a long process!

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Maybe I missed it somewhere in this thread, but how can you not have Eric Reid as one of your top 5 safeties (I saw him listed on the link post, but not the first page of this thread)? I personally think he's the top FS in the draft, but I realize that's always debatable. But to not have him anywhere on either FS or SS list? Any particular reason?

The positional rankings have not been updated in quite some time.Sometimes players aren't ranked or are ranked too high or too low because I have not done as much work on the prospect.

But regarding Eric Reid, his athleticism is obviosuly a late 1st round type caliber. But from what I've seen of him is his play is sloppy. He takes a lot of bad angles when coming up in the run game and shows poor patience. In pass coverage he often sits flat footed too often. He is slow on reading plays, but once he does read them you got to love the quickness and agressivenes he displays. He is much better in man coverage than zone coverage IMO. Poor tackling, often too high, will need to learn how to cut RBs low at the next level.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Mar 4, 2013 at 1:38 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone