Isi Sofele - Cal

• teeohh
  • Veteran
Is this dude going to get drafted?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by toeshawn:

no. he's undersized, always injured and only marginally productive. This coming from someone who watched him play in high school -- even he does get drafted he'll be nothing more then a #3 RB/ST contributor.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
He's 5'7, the same size as Kendall Hunter though.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
He's 5'7, the same size as Kendall Hunter though.

Yea, sorry that I said he was injured I was thinking back to HS, hasnt missed a lot or really any college. - he has a decent YPA and all but he just doesnt do anything flashy or particularly well IMHO.
Nope, not fast, small. Doesnt have any traits that stand out.
Roughly 20 RBs get drafted each year.

Senior RBs (in no order) that I'd place above Sofele:
Jonathan Franklin, UCLA
Andre Ellington, Clemson
Mike Gillisee, Florida
Kenjon Barner, Oregon
Robbie Rouse, Fresno State
Ray Graham, Pittsburgh
Stepfan Taylor, Stanford
Christine Michael, Texas A&M
Montee Ball, Wisconsin
Kerwynn Williams, Utah State
George Winn, Cincinatti
D.J. Harper, Boise State
Zac Stacy, Vanderbilt
Dennis Johnson, Arkansas

So right now I'd say Sofele is anywhere probably from #10 to #15 among senior RBs. Throw in a handful of underclassman and he is borderline draftable.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 15, 2012 at 10:11 AM ]
the fumblitis he's dealing with this season sure won't help
I have Cal season tickets, and you look for a player to stand out and dominate in college football. Sofele does not do that, would take him as a no bonus UDFA only.
now

last few rb's from cal have had injury problems

Best, Vereen, and Sofele

Bigelow will be the next great back from Cal
Originally posted by sfout:

no. he's undersized, always injured and only marginally productive. This coming from someone who watched him play in high school -- even he does get drafted he'll be nothing more then a #3 RB/ST contributor.

Isi did NOT get drafted (but will be in 49er camp), you need to look at his Junior year to really see who he is, or can be. And as far as High School?? He played with my sons and was ALWAYS productive and NEVER got hurt. He actually holds the State record for most number of carries by a RB ever (750+) he also returned kicks and punts.

"always injured and marginally productive" WTF??? .............. whomever told you that is either lying or a fool.

IMO

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
I watched some cut-ups of this kid. He runs hard for a back his size. Scrappy little guy. I liked him.

Odds are really stacked against him sticking in the NFL, but if he works like he plays you never know.
Share 49ersWebzone