LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

My 2 Round 2013 Mock Draft

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Nvm the Tards took Wilson in your Mock, good pick by the Tards, but they will still suck lol.
Originally posted by drake49er:
Great work AB...but you aren't projecting Tank Carradine to be drafted in the first 3 rounds? I think he will get drafted before Brandon Jenkins.

I figure I would be missing someone or 2. Havent seen a lot on Carradine also.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Are my eyes going bad....or is Matt Barkley, Landry Jones and Tyler Wilson not in that 1st and 2nd round??

I do love the picks btw AB that would be awesome if that happen!!!

Tyler Wilson is in rd 2 to Arizona. Not high on Barkley, and Jones I always felt was system guy.

I think Landry Jones was on par with Sam Bradford, I would at least think he'd go in the 2nd round due to his measurables and arm strength, his mechanics aren't that bad either. He will be a starter in the NFL no doubt. And isn't Aaron Murray coming out this year too??

He stepped in from Brandon Jenkins when he was injured and I don't believe the FSU D really missed a step. He is sitting at 8 sacks for the year and would be much more if the ACC O-line didn't hold and tackle him. Also if it has any value, McShay and Kiper both have Tank on their big board.
Are my eyes going bad....or is Matt Barkley, Landry Jones and Tyler Wilson not in that 1st and 2nd round??

I do love the picks btw AB that would be awesome if that happen!!!

Tyler Wilson is in rd 2 to Arizona. Not high on Barkley, and Jones I always felt was system guy.

I think Landry Jones was on par with Sam Bradford, I would at least think he'd go in the 2nd round due to his measurables and arm strength, his mechanics aren't that bad either. He will be a starter in the NFL no doubt. And isn't Aaron Murray coming out this year too??

I do like Landry more than Barkley though. I just had a tough time finding spots for players. If I did trades I'm sure guys like Landry, Murray and Bray would make the first 3 rounds.

Originally posted by drake49er:

He stepped in from Brandon Jenkins when he was injured and I don't believe the FSU D really missed a step. He is sitting at 8 sacks for the year and would be much more if the ACC O-line didn't hold and tackle him. Also if it has any value, McShay and Kiper both have Tank on their big board.

Just noticed that, probably a late 1st to early 2nd rd guy right now I would assume.
Would still be surprised if just one QB were taken in the first round. Chiefs, Jags, Bills, Eagles, Jets, Cards, Raiders need a franchise QB though some of them don't need him immediately.

Furthermore, why shouldn't the Jags give up on Gabbert? He doesn't show any sign of being their franchise QB at all, Mularkey wasn't their HC when Gabbert was drafted and their GM will be out after this season. If they don't take one in the first round, they will take on in the 2nd, imo.
Fitzpatrick is way too inconsistent and his contract seems to be very expensive, Buddy Nix will be out, too, imo. Gailey could be gone as well.
Cards is a team where I could imagine that they won't take a signal-caller with their 1st-rounder b/c Kolb didn't suck so much this season.
Chiefs and Eagles are apparent, Raiders are the least candidate due to their crappy defense and solid performances by Palmer.
Updated, 4 Rounds now.

http://www.draftwatchers.com/2013-Mock/5-My-5th-2013-Mock-Draft.html

49ers picks

Rd 1- NT John Jenkins, Georgia
Rd 2- DE Sharrrif Floyd, Florida
Rd 3- OLB Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas
Rd 3- C Barxston Cave, Notre Dame
Rd 4- TE Zach Ertz, Stanford
Originally posted by communist:
Would still be surprised if just one QB were taken in the first round. Chiefs, Jags, Bills, Eagles, Jets, Cards, Raiders need a franchise QB though some of them don't need him immediately.

Furthermore, why shouldn't the Jags give up on Gabbert? He doesn't show any sign of being their franchise QB at all, Mularkey wasn't their HC when Gabbert was drafted and their GM will be out after this season. If they don't take one in the first round, they will take on in the 2nd, imo.
Fitzpatrick is way too inconsistent and his contract seems to be very expensive, Buddy Nix will be out, too, imo. Gailey could be gone as well.
Cards is a team where I could imagine that they won't take a signal-caller with their 1st-rounder b/c Kolb didn't suck so much this season.
Chiefs and Eagles are apparent, Raiders are the least candidate due to their crappy defense and solid performances by Palmer.

Its not just about need though, about talent. I agree with AB on 2 QBs with 1st round grades being Geno Smith and E.J. Manuel.

Barkley - If you judge a QB on the short passing game, he might be the best in CFB. Ask him to throw passe 15 yards or deeper? Not so much.

Tyler Wilson - I'm not a fan of him. Anyone notice he has incredibly odd footwoork taking a snap? Each time he takes a snap (out of shotgun), he takes one long step back, its practically a lunge backwards, crouches a bit then stands up in the pocket. He also does a bit of a sidearm which could lead to swatted passes at the line. Everytime I've seen him play, Coby Hamilton makes him look wayyyy better than he is IMO.

The guy I think is a bit of sleeper come draft day is Mike Glennon (NC STate). IMO he will find a way in the 1st round, or be a steal for someone in the 2nd. Glennon's release is a bit too long, but I think it can be cleaned up to shorten it without affecting his game. From what I can tell, just working with him on where he holds the ball post-snap could make a bit of a difference. Right now he is holding it low and in the center of his body instead of more towards the back shoulder and under his chin. But I think thats a fixable issue.

IMO the QBs that should go in the first: Geno Smith, E.J. Manuel, Mike Glennon
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 15, 2012 at 3:12 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Its not just about need though, about talent. I agree with AB on 2 QBs with 1st round grades being Geno Smith and E.J. Manuel.

Barkley - If you judge a QB on the short passing game, he might be the best in CFB. Ask him to throw passe 15 yards or deeper? Not so much.

Tyler Wilson - I'm not a fan of him. Anyone notice he has incredibly odd footwoork taking a snap? Each time he takes a snap (out of shotgun), he takes one long step back, its practically a lunge backwards, crouches a bit then stands up in the pocket. He also does a bit of a sidearm which could lead to swatted passes at the line. Everytime I've seen him play, Coby Hamilton makes him look wayyyy better than he is IMO.

The guy I think is a bit of sleeper come draft day is Mike Glennon (NC STate). IMO he will find a way in the 1st round, or be a steal for someone in the 2nd. Glennon's release is a bit too long, but I think it can be cleaned up to shorten it without affecting his game. From what I can tell, just working with him on where he holds the ball post-snap could make a bit of a difference. Right now he is holding it low and in the center of his body instead of more towards the back shoulder and under his chin. But I think thats a fixable issue.

Mike Glennon is a guy I forgot about. He has looked really good for NC State. And Tyler Wilson also has that injury issues. I like him, but I think, like you, there are 2 1st rd QBs, Geno and EJ. I have Geno #1 because of the hot commodity, and the fact KC needs a QB for the future.

I'm not sure on other QBs, I like Landry Jones more and more that I see him, but in a mock it's tough to fit him into the 1st 2 rounds, same for Barkley and Murray. If trades happen, than we could see the big names go in the 2nd round.

Jaguars should spend a 2-3 rounder on a qb to compete with Gabbert. He had some spurts of success this season. So why not give him 1 more year. The rule of thumb is usually 3 years before you can judge a draft pick.

Chiefs need a qb bad. I mean baadd.

Sylvester Williams will never make it to the 2nd!
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

If we are talking about QBs, the bigger argument is need (over talent) imo. Franchises tend to overdraft QBs. Don't think that this will stop. This position is way too important to miss on your guy.
#29?

Did we trade up?
Share 49ersWebzone