torn ACL? welcome to the 49ers!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by znk916:

Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by znk916:

I'm all for it ONLY if he somehow falls to the 2nd..which is a big possibility considering how important 1st rounds picks are to teams..so I'm thinking not many will chance taking him on the 1st..id draft him in the 2nd..resign gore 1year contract..cut hunter..gore Hyde gurley to start the season..work gurley in slowly..
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Todd McShay

This is a guy who was a potential top-20 pick before the injury, so there is still a chance a team drafting at the end of the first round could take him. I'd say he is likelier to go in the second round than the first ... but that could change depending on his recovery.
I wouldn't go higher then a 5th rounder on him now because the Lattimore situation but if this dude can recover in 2 years he can be an all pro. Good size good skills
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I wouldn't go higher then a 5th rounder on him now because the Lattimore situation but if this dude can recover in 2 years he can be an all pro. Good size good skills

Lattimore's injury was ten times worse than Gurley's. That's why he went in the 4th round instead of top 10. It's an ACL Tear. Kendall Hunter is probably a greater injury liability than Gurley, and they signed Hunter up for next season already.

5th round? If he's there in the 30's he's a steal. ACL tear or no. He'll just have a slower start than most RBs.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

Lattimore's injury was ten times worse than Gurley's. That's why he went in the 4th round instead of top 10. It's an ACL Tear. Kendall Hunter is probably a greater injury liability than Gurley, and they signed Hunter upfor next season already.

5th round? If he's there in the 30's he's a steal. ACL tear or no. He'll just have a slower start than most RBs.

This. All injuries are not created equal. Although because of our running back situation, I'd rather have someone who is absolutely ready to go next season. The 49ers are very cautious with their rehab and do not rush anyone back. If Frank Gore is resigned, I don't think Gurley plays at all next season unless the coaches feel very confident in that knee. I would like to see the 49ers make some moves to pick up an extra second. Perhaps a trade back into the second and pick up an extra third while they are at it. My reasons would be to get some top level talent at WR, RB, and TE. Baalke did a great job of bringing in A LOT of young talent at every level in 2013 and 2014 on the defensive side of the ball. Not it is the offense's turn.
I say we draft him with the 32nd pick!
I wouldn't mind him at the 32nd pick.

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Georgia Tailback Todd Gurley Had Knee Surgery Tuesday And Began His Rehab Wednesday

Georgia director of sports medicine Ron Courson told The Associated Press that Gurley's ACL surgery was successful and that the rehab began Wednesday.

The question now for Gurley is whether the rehab will prepare him for his senior season at Georgia or for the 2015 NFL Draft. NFL Media analyst Charles Davis has written that he thinks it is in Gurleys best interest to declare for the draft. "He would be taking an awful risk by taking a damaged knee back to college instead of the NFL," Davis wrote earlier this month.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000434767/article/georgias-todd-gurley-undergoes-knee-surgery-begins-rehab
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
I wouldn't mind him at the 32nd pick.

I wouldn't mind anyone w/ the 32nd pick. :) Especially Gurley though.
Don't think we could trade into the 2nd, pick up an extra third and still get him?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Don't think we could trade into the 2nd, pick up an extra third and still get him?

Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Is this agreement?
Share 49ersWebzone