LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

Suggestion wanted for draftwatchers.com

So I have been out of the draft prospect rankings and such for the past year due to the success of the 49ers, but I want to get it going again, and need suggestions.

here is the current link; http://www.draftwatchers.com/home.php

It isn't completed by any means, I'm working on the coding and such, but would love to hear what people think could be better, what is good and what is bad.

And if anyone wants to help in the development, writing wise, rankings, scouting, etc.. feel free to say so.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Home page

As you say its incomplete but from a design perspective it seriously needs some whitespace. Maybe with several more posts it would look more even but in its current state it is very hard to focus on text.

The menu on the left, I would seriously consider changing the color scheme. It is the 9er colors but the black text is hard to read and I had to zero in on it to read it. The gold looks good though.

The other pages with larger text bodies and more whitespace look a ton better so I do agree with my above statement that if you post more on the home page it would look great but if you could I would shorten the actual size of the bars get rid of that extra inch or so of red floating out past the text.

--------

If you do need any help at any of those I'm game, except coding, havent done that seriously in a few years.
Originally posted by sfout:
Home page

As you say its incomplete but from a design perspective it seriously needs some whitespace. Maybe with several more posts it would look more even but in its current state it is very hard to focus on text.

The menu on the left, I would seriously consider changing the color scheme. It is the 9er colors but the black text is hard to read and I had to zero in on it to read it. The gold looks good though.

The other pages with larger text bodies and more whitespace look a ton better so I do agree with my above statement that if you post more on the home page it would look great but if you could I would shorten the actual size of the bars get rid of that extra inch or so of red floating out past the text.

--------

If you do need any help at any of those I'm game, except coding, havent done that seriously in a few years.

Do you think a sidebar is needed? I always fight with that, whether to have one, and what info. And I am game for anything you wanna help with.I need some help on perspective on draft prospects, basically anyone who wants in, I would get everyone caught up and we could get it running asap.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Do you think a sidebar is needed? I always fight with that, whether to have one, and what info. And I am game for anything you wanna help with.I need some help on perspective on draft prospects, basically anyone who wants in, I would get everyone caught up and we could get it running asap.

I'd almost say no since you have the top bar with the primary links. Are there any subpages to those parent pages listed at top? Because thats the only reason I would have sidebar menu and have it unique to each page.

The Links section of it is bit unneeded as you could simply have a full page devoted to links and other relavent pages and mock drafts.

I do my prospect analysis on here to keep me sane during school so I will warn that I have 20+ credit hours of class this semester but I will definitely do something to help out.
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 2, 2012 at 3:45 PM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
draf t**t chers?
Originally posted by sfout:

I'd almost say no since you have the top bar with the primary links. Are there any subpages to those parent pages listed at top? Because thats the only reason I would have sidebar menu and have it unique to each page.

The Links section of it is bit unneeded as you could simply have a full page devoted to links and other relavent pages and mock drafts.

I do my prospect analysis on here to keep me sane during school so I will warn that I have 20+ credit hours of class this semester but I will definitely do something to help out.

That's what I am thinking, just a links page, with links to other notable websites around the web.

Whatever you would like to contribute is welcomed.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
draf t**t chers?

I know, t w a t all together is a censored out word.
I'll contribute what I can.

On the layout, the main silver bar on the top doesn't extend all the way over, it makes the whole site look off center.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
draf t**t chers?

I know, t w a t all together is a censored out word.

Lmao!!!!!! Love it. Second favourite behind Kevin f*gan.
Lol t**t

I will get at ya with some suggestions/input.
Change the name to t**twatchers.com
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
I will get at ya with some suggestions/input.

Sounds good, I appreciate the input and contributions from sfout and sundevilniner79.
this kinda small but you should have the same number of prospects for each position you got top 5 at one position, then top 8 in another, and then top 10 in another
Originally posted by lamontb:
this kinda small but you should have the same number of prospects for each position you got top 5 at one position, then top 8 in another, and then top 10 in another

I fight myself with this also. Like should it be the top 5 best at each position, so 5 for QB, RB, WR, TE, C, OG, OT, 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE, 4-3 DT, NT, 3-4 OLB, 4-3 OLB, ILB, CB and S(Could do FS and SS).
Share 49ersWebzone