LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

FSU DE/OLB Brandon Jenkins out for year

• sfout
  • Veteran
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/03/reports-foot-injury-knocks-fsu-de-out-for-the-year/

A foot injury has reportedly sidelined Jenkins for his entire senior season. Going into the season ESPN had him ranked 25th overall and the 2nd best OLB prospect for the upcoming draft. Should he still entire the draft and not apply for a medical redshirt it would be very interested to see if we grabbed him if his stock fell.
[ Edited by sfout on Sep 3, 2012 at 7:16 PM ]
That hurts big time. He was highly rated for the 2012 draft, I had him at time as one of the best 3-4 OLBs in the draft.
How soon is a player back to full speed after that type of injury.
He has redshirt eligibility, but I think he goes into draft. Maybe falls into the 3rd or 4th if he can't get healthy. If he can, then he'll shoot right back up into the 2nd. He would be a nice piece, if he can get healthy.

It will be interesting to see how Cam Johnson and Darius Flemming turn out. We still may have to pursue the OLB position if they both flop.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He has redshirt eligibility, but I think he goes into draft. Maybe falls into the 3rd or 4th if he can't get healthy. If he can, then he'll shoot right back up into the 2nd. He would be a nice piece, if he can get healthy.

It will be interesting to see how Cam Johnson and Darius Flemming turn out. We still may have to pursue the OLB position if they both flop.

We go back to OLB next year regardless.
Originally posted by jreff22:

I agree. 'You Can Never Have Too Many Pass Rushers'

Look at the roster....

Parys will be gone
Haggins (spelling) will be gone
Cam is only a PS guy now
Flemming is coming off of IR (dont expect him to make it)

So first 3 rounds we better add a guy...honestly would like to see the team add 2 guys and have a 4 way competition for the backup spots, plus 1 PS guy

Look at the roster....

Parys will be gone
Cam is only a PS guy now

So first 3 rounds we better add a guy...honestly would like to see the team add 2 guys and have a 4 way competition for the backup spots, plus 1 PS guy

Good call!

Definitely a high draft pick. Whoever falls to #32 in the draft

Look at the roster....

Parys will be gone
Cam is only a PS guy now

Good call!

with the possibility of Goldson leaving along with Ice and RJF....

NT, FS, OLB, DE, and CB on the D need to be addressed

the DL for this draft is absolutely LOADED, if we can get a new NT and DE (Justin's heir) then I'm all for that before OLB.
We have some ammo to trade up.

Sure will be interesting.

I know it's WAY early but let's say we win the SBowl. And are picking last in every round - who are some guys to keep our eyes on during the season that may fall that far?

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
We have some ammo to trade up.

Sure will be interesting.

I know it's WAY early but let's say we win the SBowl. And are picking last in every round - who are some guys to keep our eyes on during the season that may fall that far?

waaaaaaaaaaay too early to tell but the initial list

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/165555-2013-prospect-watch-list/
fml. i want dude in red and gold. plus i still root for fsu
Im very upset he is lost for the year for my Noles....
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Im very upset he is lost for the year for my Noles....

This....Also what do you guys think about Bjoern Werner? He is down to 250ish and looks pretty good. I doubt he leaves college this year though.

Look at the roster....

Parys will be gone
Cam is only a PS guy now

Good call!

This for sure.
Share 49ersWebzone