There are 155 users in the forums

2013 Prospect Watch List

The draft is over but its always fun to speculate on next year. With the movement in the first round alone I think doing mocks will become a lot more difficult in the future. At this point I think we are safer looking at guys who could fit the team next year. Looking at roster openings/battles/player release/contract issues etc. Here is what I can list right now:

TE- Walker (contract), Byham (injury ?, does he fit into the system)
WR - Moss (contract), Ginn (contract), Williams (contract)
RB - Jacobs (contract), Cartwright (contract)
C - Goodwin (contract)
DE -Smith (contract), Dobbs (contract RFA), Tukuafu (contract)
DT - Sopoaga (contract), Jean-Francois (contract), Williams (contract)
OLB - Haralson (contract)
ILB - Gooden (contract), Grant (contract)
CB - Brown (contract), Cox (contract), Brock (contract)
FS - Goldson (contract)
SS- Whitner (contract)

Now when contract is listed the player is either only signed for this year or has his last year in 2013, so draft implications could impact that player. Certain guys like Justin Smith, Ice, Goldson, Walker I expect will be resigned or an attempt will be made. At the same time certain guys do not have a proper replacement behind them. Some positions like OC/C seem loaded but some guys may get hurt, not make the team, look horrible etc. Looking to next year I expect the team to look at DE, NT, and WR early because of the lack of depth and current starter age at the position.

But any prospects you feel fit the team and recommend zoner's pay attention to go ahead and list them. This should be an easy way to track the talent throughout the year so we can have a draft where people don't go, "WHO"?
Looking at NT

Star Lotulelei Utah
6-3 325

Jesse Williams Alabama
6-3 320

Sylvester Williams North Carolina
6-3 320

Kawann Short Purdue
6-3 310

Johnathan Jenkins Georgia
6-3 351

Anthony Rashad White Michigan State
6-2 316

Anthony McCloud Florida State
6-2 312
if Bacarri Rambo is in the Supplemental draft, I say spend a 3rd on him.
Omoregie Uzzi G Georgia Tech - the name alone is worth it!

Cobi Hamilton WR Arkansas - want to see what he does this year, could be a good #1

Jonathan Hankins DT Ohio State - I think Soap gets resigned but we need to upgrade the player behind him to develop
Star Lotulelei DT Utah - I think Soap gets resigned but we need to upgrade the player behind him to develop

Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU - the honey badger!

Eric Reid S LSU - ??? who is there at FS to look at, checking them all out right now.
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on May 2, 2012 at 4:53 PM ]
Looking at WR (the big variety)...this list is only made up of seniors. Cant speculate on Juniors yet.

Cobi Hamilton Arkansas
6-3 209

Dan Buckner Arizona
6-3 220

Aaron Mellette Elon
6-3 212

La'Rod King Kentucky
6-3 196

Marcus Rucker Memphis
6-3 185

Justin Brown Penn State
6-3 215

Darrin Moore Texas Tech
6-4 214

Norman White Villanova
6-3 215
A few names that come to mind (in no particular order):

Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU
David Amerson CB North Carolina State
Dennard Robinson QB University of Michigan (perhaps convert to RB or WR)
Tim McDonald S USC (a little cautious of SC players these days)
Keenan Allen WR California (for the most part this wouldn't make sense considering we just drafted A.J. Jenkins)
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

F**k that lets pick him with our 1st rounder

With a badass name like that, it's worth it.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

F**k that lets pick him with our 1st rounder

With a badass name like that, it's worth it.

LMFAO
Mixing the FS/SS class

Ray Ray Armstrong Miami
6-4 216

Kenny Vaccaro Texas
6-1 215

DeVonte Holloman South Carolina
6-2 232

Orhian Johnson Ohio State
6-2 205

Prentiss Waggner Tennessee
6-2 187

T.J. McDonald USC
6-2 205

Robert Lester Alabama
6-2 210

Bacarri Rambo Georgia
6-0 218

John Boyett Oregon
5-10 202

Vaughn Telemaque Miami
6-2 200
[ Edited by jreff22 on May 2, 2012 at 5:27 PM ]
Pretty confident these WRs(I know the first 3 are juniors) will be in the draft next year:
Marquess Wilson Washington State
Keenan Allen from Cal
Robert Woods USC
Terrance Williams Baylor

next year's WR class is freaking stacked. Safety class is strong also with Eric Reid, Ray Ray Armstrong, Baccari Rambo, etc. Next year's draft in general has a lot of talent.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Lotulelei! Go Utes! McShay has some halfa** mock with the same draft order of 2012 for next year, has him going #1 to the colts lol

But seriously people need to take notice of Da'Rick Rogers. 6'3" 215 - 67 catches for 1040 yards + 9 TDs 15.5 YPC. He's a junior but I think if Tyler Bray declares that he will as well, especially if he has another monster year.

[ Edited by sfout on May 2, 2012 at 7:25 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Lotulelei! Go Utes! McShay has some halfa** mock with the same draft order of 2012 for next year, has him going #1 to the colts lol

But seriously people need to take notice of Da'Rick Rogers. 6'3" 215 - 67 catches for 1040 yards + 9 TDs 15.5 YPC. He's a junior but I think if Tyler Bray declares that he will as well, especially if he has another monster year.
Only a Junior...at this point I'm only posting about Seniors.....but keep his name floating around.

Good to see he stayed at Tenn.
[ Edited by jreff22 on May 2, 2012 at 7:27 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:

Only a Junior...at this point I'm only posting about Seniors.....but keep his name floating around.

you should post about juniors as well. A lot of times the first round is filled with Jrs.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

you should post about juniors as well. A lot of times the first round is filled with Jrs.

At this point its a crap shoot...gotta wait till mid season to see who is blowing up, those guys should declare. But the seniors we know will be declaring. Once rankings start to get established on actual 2012 numbers I will post more guys. Hopefully OTC, MD, Sundevil, and AB can offer more names on a consistent basis.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

At this point its a crap shoot...gotta wait till mid season to see who is blowing up, those guys should declare. But the seniors we know will be declaring. Once rankings start to get established on actual 2012 numbers I will post more guys. Hopefully OTC, MD, Sundevil, and AB can offer more names on a consistent basis.

yeah. I'm pretty sure guys like Woods and Allen will declare. Who are the good CBs and DEs this year?
Share 49ersWebzone