There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 1 Prospect watch list

usually OTC does this. He is slacking!

Thursday
South Carolina at Vanderbilty, 4pm PST, on ESPN (I'll miss this game, hopefully someone can catch it)
Souther Carolina Prospects
-RB Marcus Lattimore
-DE Devin Taylor
-OLB Davonta Holloman
-S D.J. Swearinger
-C T.J. Johnson

Vanderbilt Prospects
-WR Jordan Matthews* (Junior)
-RB Zac Stacy
-QB Jordan Rodgers (Aaron's brother)

Friday
Boise State at Michigan State at 5pm PST, ESPN
Boise State Prospects
-OG Joe Kellogg
-OLB J.C. Pearcy
-RB D.J. Harper

Michigan State
-DE William Gholston* (Junior)
-RB Le' Veon Bell* (Junior)
-CB Johnny Adams
-TE Dion Sims* (Junior)
-DT Anthony White

Saturday
Clemson vs. Auburn at 4pm PST, ESPN
Clemson
-RB Andre Ellington
-C Dalton Freeman
-QB Tajh Boyd* (Junior)
-S Rashard Hall
-S Jonathan Meeks

Auburn
-DE Corey Lemonier* (Junior)
-TE Philip Lutzenkichen
-OLB Darren Bates
-RB Ontario McCalebb

Michigan vs. Alabama at 5pm PST, ABC
Michigan
-OT Taylor Lewan* (Junior)
-LB Kenny Demens
-DE Craig Roh
-Playmaker Denard Robinson

Alabama
-C Barret Jones
-NT Jesse Williams
-OG Chance Warmack
-CB Dee Milliner* (Junior)
-LB Nico Johnson
-OT D.J. Fluker* (Junior)
-RB Eddie Lacy* (Junior)
-QB A.J. McCarron* (Junior)

Monday
Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech at 5pm PST, ESPN
Georgia Tech
-OG Omeregie Uzzi
-OLB Jeremiah Attaochu* (Junior)
-S Isaiah Johnson* (Junior)
-RB Orwin Smith

Virginia Tech
-QB Thomas Logan* (Junior)
-DE James Gayle* (Junior)
-ILB Bruce Taylor
-WR Marcus Davis
-CB Kyle Fuller* (Junior)
-S Antone Exum* (Junior)
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Aug 29, 2012 at 10:22 AM ]
GAME NOTES (will be edited until game is over)

South Carolina at Vanderbilt
-DE Clowney on South Carolina is a BEAST. Future top 10 pick. Looks like he is 6-6 and towers over the Tackle, lol. Has strength and speed to go with it. Kind of reminds me of Kearse.
-Lattimore looks recovered, but he just fumbled the ball. Doesn't protect the ball very well, runs with it low on his body instead of high and tight
-WR Wesley Tate on Vanderbilt looks like a potential sleeper
-QB Rodgers on Vanderbilt threw a pick on a screen in the red zone, threw off his back foot....Not really seeing anything NFL out of the young Rodgers. Update: Rodgers is looking better, he throws an accurate ball. But Arm looks weak, footwork is poor, good athleticism on the scramble, is reading coverage well.
-Lattimore 20yard run TD, can't beat his speed and shiftiness
-Lattimore's ability to bounce off tackles and shiftiness are truly impressive, he is really an all around RB
-WR Matthews showed up, ran a simple slant route against zone coverage, Rodgers lobs the ball in a bad pass, safety makes a horrible play, Matthews turns it into a 60 yard TD. Looks like Matthews runs in the 4.5's, he is a pretty thick and strongly built, good hands on the play and change of direction. He basically had to leap to make the catch, pivoted on the foot he came down on and just took off. Matthews ran the slant from the slot. I take back my poorly thrown ball comment, Rodgers put the ball in the only place he could to avoid the underneath zone, great throw. SS Brison Williams was the guy who blew the coverage (not Swearinger).
-SS Kenny Ladler (Junior) on Vanderbilt is having one hell of a game. Interception and now a sack on 3rd down. Looks great out there. Put him on a watch list.

Missed 2nd half (going to be tough to catch this weeks games with the holidays cominga round)

My overall impression is Lattimore is very much back to 100%. WR Matthews on Vandy is definately a draft worthy player, looked pretty good out there. And SS Kenny Ladler might end up being one of the best safeties in the SEC, he is a junior so it will be interesting if he comes out early
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Aug 31, 2012 at 9:47 AM ]
Probably gonna be another year where I don't pay more attention on college, last year made me more NFL with the 49ers doing so well, and with high expectations, I will likely be less on draft info in the beginning.

I just turned on the game, Connor Shaw South Carolina QB came out with shoulder like injury.

Few thought though, I love the Bama team, loaded as usual. Nico Johnson, Jesse Williams, Robert Lester on D and DJ Fluker and Jones on OL, all possible picks for us. Nico will become a early pick with a good season. Fluker and Jones are 1st rd guys right now. Lester is 1st round caliber, not sure if he is Mark Barron or better. Jesse Williams is another big NT type, so possible pick if Sopoaga leaves.
Yea I can't say Lattimore is 100 back yet. He was going down on 1st contact last night. I need to see more of him, but he looked better than I expected. Overall all the talent was on South Carolina's defense. Vanderbilt's safety Ladler did look great in the game. Aaron's brother isn't very good.

DE William Gholston
DT Anthony White

I like bout of these guys
[ Edited by lamontb on Aug 31, 2012 at 9:54 AM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
We have scouts at the va tech game
Originally posted by toeshawn:

CB Kyle Fuller looks good
DE Gayle looks pretty good
S Isaih Johnson looks good

QB Logan does not look good
lets not pass on this rodgers!!!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
lets not pass on this rodgers!!!

lmao you must not watch Vanderbilt - Jordan Rodgers is a borderline day 3 prospect right now -- if that.

Originally posted by toeshawn:

in all serious we could be there scouting GT players as well because of their familiarity with the option -- the media this week points out that we arent going to become an option offense but when/if Kaepernick takes over we will probably want players who are familiar with or happy to be in the scheme. It'll just be another wrinkle in our grand scheme of things in Harbaugh's hybrid WCO.

Sidenote did the TV commentators point it out or how did you find out we have scouts there?
[ Edited by sfout on Sep 3, 2012 at 6:55 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
lmao you must not watch Vanderbilt - Jordan Rodgers is a borderline day 3 prospect right now -- if that.
haha im kidding but yeah i dont watch vandy at all tho
  • sfout
  • Veteran

no worries they're actually one of my favorite college teams to watch. Zac Stacy is a great RB and their defense is really fun to watch.

no worries they're actually one of my favorite college teams to watch. Zac Stacy is a great RB and their defense is really fun to watch.

I really liked Kenny Ladler in game 1