Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 712 users in the forums

49er Draft Grades, NFL Team Upgrades, Overall Draft Thoughts...

Browse 49ers books and videos
Lamichael James not as tough? I will tell you, LMJ is as tough as they come. There is no questioning his toughness, Texas tough. He had the horrible elbow injury that should have ended his season but missed only a game and came right back wearing a brace.

And LMJ ran lots of delays and draws? Hardly. He ran mostly inside and outside zone reads at Oregon
  • Jd925
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,286
Originally posted by domingo:
Lamichael James not as tough? I will tell you, LMJ is as tough as they come. There is no questioning his toughness, Texas tough. He had the horrible elbow injury that should have ended his season but missed only a game and came right back wearing a brace.

And LMJ ran lots of delays and draws? Hardly. He ran mostly inside and outside zone reads at Oregon

Yeah. I'm sure he's tough, but I'm just comparing him to MJD, Ray Rice and Sproles. MJD is 5'7'' 208, and Ray Rice is 5'8 212. Sproles is 5'6'' 190. They seem more compact and strong is what I mainly meant and I'm sure they are all gym rats. All three are superstars so you got to have some extraordinary toughness to be in the league. I think LMJ has to keep working hard in the gym and outside and do workout routines like running the Jerry Rice 'hill' and he may be a superstar too.

What I meant about the delays and draws is probably more based on the option run from Darron Thomas. Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology, but in the highlights there's always a short delay on the hand off. It almost made everything look like a draw when there was always a threat of Darron keeping to throw or run. I've seen limited film so take it for what's worth. LMJ ran almost everything in a single back set in the highlights. However it may be good that LMJ is familiar with inside/outside zone reads. Don't the 49ers run zone blocking schemes?
Overall I think the niners did well.. they did well in trading for a lot of picks in 2013.
  • Jd925
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,286
Originally posted by keding994:
Overall I think the niners did well.. they did well in trading for a lot of picks in 2013.

Yeah. I wonder if the 2013 draft will have more talent. 2012 didn't seem all too impressive. I'm sure the best teams keep good track of talent in the upcoming years.
Originally posted by Jd925:
Originally posted by keding994:
Overall I think the niners did well.. they did well in trading for a lot of picks in 2013.

Yeah. I wonder if the 2013 draft will have more talent. 2012 didn't seem all too impressive. I'm sure the best teams keep good track of talent in the upcoming years.

I am stoked for next years draft. We will have so much room to maneuver and who knows we may get more before training camp is over with a few trades. We can stock up on 1st and 2nd round picks now for when we really need them. Making the Glory Days part 2 last for a long time, maybe 2 decades this time.
B-B+ on this draft - WAY too early to say.

I read and can't find the link that the `13 draft will be deep in RB and Safeties.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
B-B+ on this draft - WAY too early to say.

I read and can't find the link that the `13 draft will be deep in RB and Safeties.

This is true. I hope we grab a S with the first three picks.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
B-B+ on this draft - WAY too early to say.

I read and can't find the link that the `13 draft will be deep in RB and Safeties.


I think there is no way you can give a draft grade this high, especially when pick 1 was a huge reach by any stretch of the imagination, pick 2, probably would have been available at pick 3.

Looney was not rated that high.

Slowey was not even invited to the combine

Very questionable draft, I think the concerned look on the faces of Baalke and harbaugh with AJ jenkins says it all.
I would have taken, Fleener, and Turbin, rather than Jenkins and LMJ, but WTF do I know lol! I think the two TE offense is a coming thing in the NFL, and I think Turbin could be a star, an every down back to take over for Gore when he retires in a year or two.

I have low expectations from this draft class, C- unless loony pans out.
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Jul 13, 2012 at 9:31 AM ]
I actually liked this draft A LOT and agree with a B+. No flashy picks but all good solid promising ones that could have tremendous upside.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone