LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Who will be a better NFL guard: DeCastro or Looney"?

Who will be a better NFL guard: DeCastro or Looney"?

Originally posted by susweel:
Looney because he is a niner.

and harbaughz would have traded up to get fat dood
Killgore
Depends on what you mean by "better"...

Pro Bowls = DeCastro

Championships = Looney
I of course think the odds are on DeCastro. But I would bet the gap is much more narrow than people here would have you believe. If Decastro was so fantastic why did he drop so far in the first, beyond that once he fell a good bit, if he was so much better wouldnt his college coach have made a bigger effort to move up and get him. I think that Harbaugh assigned a value on him based on knowing him so well and it was lower than a lot of the league. Maybe if he fell to us in the first round we take him..maybe our F.O. saw him as more of a second rounder... either way I would bet they think the gap between him and Looney is closer than this board does.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by susweel:
Looney because he is a niner.

and harbaughz would have traded up to get fat dood

MD gave us a F for not trading up for DeCastro.
Should have tagged it LOONEY thread
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Hey kids! I'm a "Veteran". Bet you couldn't tell from my dumb post!

thanks for the kind words.
Well done Buck. It appears MD is incorrect.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

It's curious how DeCastro is only leading 64-36%. Either all the people voting for Looney are afraid to show their faces in here, or someone is stuffing the ballots....
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

It's curious how DeCastro is only leading 64-36%. Either all the people voting for Looney are afraid to show their faces in here, or someone is stuffing the ballots....

or maybe MD is right....

or maybe MD is right....

Impossible!
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

or maybe MD is right....

Never said he couldn't be. But the fact is that the poll results don't match up with the posts in this thread. That's all I'm trying to say.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I of course think the odds are on DeCastro. But I would bet the gap is much more narrow than people here would have you believe. If Decastro was so fantastic why did he drop so far in the first, beyond that once he fell a good bit, if he was so much better wouldnt his college coach have made a bigger effort to move up and get him. I think that Harbaugh assigned a value on him based on knowing him so well and it was lower than a lot of the league. Maybe if he fell to us in the first round we take him..maybe our F.O. saw him as more of a second rounder... either way I would bet they think the gap between him and Looney is closer than this board does.
because hes a guard
Well Looney has two things going for him at the moment. First, according to Jeremy Newberry Looney is significantly fastser than DeCastro. In addition Looney has already had some significant training from Newberry which would indicate interest in learning an aggressive desire to go out and find training, and enough grit to impress someone like Newberry. So Looney has already shown significant skills that the Niners like. So how it manifests itself over time remains to be seen but so far Looney has give us something to think about.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Well Looney has two things going for him at the moment. First, according to Jeremy Newberry Looney is significantly fastser than DeCastro. In addition Looney has already had some significant training from Newberry which would indicate interest in learning an aggressive desire to go out and find training, and enough grit to impress someone like Newberry. So Looney has already shown significant skills that the Niners like. So how it manifests itself over time remains to be seen but so far Looney has give us something to think about.

Newberry also works for the agency representing Looney so he's not going to say anything negative about Looney. I just don't know how much value I can really put into this report.
Share 49ersWebzone