There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Prospect Watch List

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Please post whoever you want this is not a senior only thread....I just posted seniors because we know they will declare.

If you post a junior just note it so everybody knows. But this is a tracker and watch list, all draft eligable kids are welcome.

word, even though there is a lot of quality senior talent this year I am still more enamored with the underclassmen this year. like this guy

Kenny Stills, listed at 6'1" 190

I really dont expect him to declare because he hasn't completely blown up yet. But he has 2 quality years under his belt and now that Ryan Broyles is gone I expect the OU offense to completely funnel through Stills. So I'm expecting big things from him this year.

2010 REC 61 YARDS 786 AVG 12.9 LONG 59 TD 5
2011 REC 61 YARDS 849 AVG 13.9 LONG 58 TD 8

Talk about consistent lol.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
How has noone talked about the most intriguing big WR of all.... Keenan Allen.

He will be a Top 10 pick when all is said and done, book it!

Because everybody on this board knows about him
With Fleming down and Parys probably on his last stint we may go back to OLB next year......

updates coming
  • sfout
  • Veteran
With Fleming down and Parys probably on his last stint we may go back to OLB next year......

updates coming

but unless Brooks has an immensely disappointing year it'll likely be another day 3 pick :/
Originally posted by sfout:

updates coming

but unless Brooks has an immensely disappointing year it'll likely be another day 3 pick :/
Depends on Cam.

If the OL is finally fixed and Goldson plays well and gets resigned we could hit the position pretty early.
Wes Bunting's projection for top QBs:

1. QB Logan Thomas, Virgina Tech
2. QB Aaron Murray, Georga
3. QB Matt Barkley, USC
4. QB Tyler Wilson, Arkansas
5. QB Tyler Bray, Tenn

Logan Thomas will be a Junior next year, as will Murray and Bray.

Mocking the draft list of top QBs
http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012/5/24/3039402/2013-nfl-draft-quarterback-ratings#storyjump
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Wes Bunting's projection for top QBs:

1. QB Logan Thomas, Virgina Tech
2. QB Aaron Murray, Georga
3. QB Matt Barkley, USC
4. QB Tyler Wilson, Arkansas
5. QB Tyler Bray, Tenn

Logan Thomas will be a Junior next year, as will Murray and Bray.

Mocking the draft list of top QBs
http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012/5/24/3039402/2013-nfl-draft-quarterback-ratings#storyjump

The funny thing is that I would probably have the list reversed. I think Wilson would be my number 1, Bray would be 2, Barkley would be 3(other guys are more talented but he is pro ready), Murray would be 4, Thomas would be 5.
Originally posted by sfout:

updates coming

Depends on Cam.

If the OL is finally fixed and Goldson plays well and gets resigned we could hit the position pretty early.

Chase Thomas from Stanford's a pretty good prospect I think. I wouldn't mind if we gave him a shot.
The Niners have 13 draft picks to play with so they are pretty much in the drivers seat for next year's draft. My guess is the defensive line will be the biggest need based on age, not performance. Here is the preliminary list for 2013 DT's

DT *Star Lotulelei, 6-3, 320, Utah*
Kwame Geathers, 6-5, 345, Georgia
Kawann Short, 6-3, 305, Purdue
John Jenkins, 6-3, 350, Georgia
Jesse Williams, 6-3, 320, Alabama
Sylvester Williams, 6-2, 315, North Carolina
Baker Steinkuhler, 6-5, 295, Nebraska
Jordan Hill, 6-1, 300, Penn State
*Akeem Spence, 6-1, 305, Illinois
John Simon, 6-2, 275, Ohio State (DE
)Arby Jones, 6-3, 310, Georgia (5T)
Kaleb Ramsey, 6-2, 305, Boston College
Aaron Tipoti, 6-2, 305, California
Josh Downs, 6-1, 290, LSU
Corey Adams, 6-2, 285, Arizona State
Joe Vellano, 6-2, 285, Maryland

Next priority would be the Secondary.
why would we need a NT?

soap and RJF are both extremelly capable NT

i think we go after secondary this year a FS if goldson still is demanding a huge contract and niners wont sign it or a CB

3-4 DE also a possibility in first round
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
The Niners have 13 draft picks to play with so they are pretty much in the drivers seat for next year's draft. My guess is the defensive line will be the biggest need based on age, not performance. Here is the preliminary list for 2013 DT's

Unless Corey Adams has a monster year, I don't expect him to be drafted. His college career has been one injury after another after being a top highschool recruit. So its a big IF whether he stays healthy. The better DT on ASU is DT Will Sutton who is a junior.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Unless Corey Adams has a monster year, I don't expect him to be drafted. His college career has been one injury after another after being a top highschool recruit. So its a big IF whether he stays healthy. The better DT on ASU is DT Will Sutton who is a junior.

Sutton's like 260-270 now though right? At that weight he couldn't play on our DL, but he'd fit in better as a linebacker or situational pass rusher. Any other DL you like? I think we might target a nose tackle. I like RJF and Soap though, but if you could find a future star at NT you'd have to do it IMO. Same with FS unless we get Goldson locked up.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
why would we need a NT?

soap and RJF are both extremelly capable NT

i think we go after secondary this year a FS if goldson still is demanding a huge contract and niners wont sign it or a CB

3-4 DE also a possibility in first round

Drafting is for the future. Soap is not very young and they dont have long term contracts
[ Edited by kronik on Jun 1, 2012 at 11:40 PM ]
Originally posted by kronik:
Drafting is for the future. Soap is not very young and they dont have long term contracts

not first 2-3 roudnds

and thats exactly why we got RJF
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
not first 2-3 roudnds

and thats exactly why we got RJF

I dont recall RJF being drafted to be a NT. In fact, it wasnt until Harbaugh and staff moved him there this season to backup Soap. Anyways, RJF is a free agent next year too. I hope we keep both of them tho. If RJF gains 10 more pounds, he could be the ideal NT of the future though