There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**** Best Available UDFA List (Updated with Signings) ****

Originally posted by sfout:
According to NFL.com --- Texas A&M DL Tony Jerod-Eddie signed with us.

Another nice addition. People were unable to see because I made a late update to my player rankings, but I rated Jerod-Eddie as the 23rd best 3-4 DE, or a 7th round prospect with upside.

He has good strength, size, and athleticism for the 3-4 end position at 6-4 305 5.15. I don't remember him making a ton of plays when watching A&M this year, but statistically, his production wasn't too bad. 4 sacks and 6 TFL. However, this was really his only year he produced anything, and that's why he was not expected to be drafted. He needs a lot of work, but is a good project.
Listed completely updated. Only a few of my "top available" remain.

I'm excited about getting Purvis. I like both the RB's we got as UDFA's and think both could be contributors on some team. They probably won't make the team, but I would love them on the PS. Purvis is 100% a special teams and kick returner role player guy. He was definitely an explosive workout warrior.

5-10 1/8 198 lbs.
40 time: 4.35
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 14
Vertical Jump: 41
Broad Jump: 10'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.40
3-Cone Drill: 6.87

Last year he had 1000 kick return yards and a TD in 41 returns in 10 games. 100 return yards per game, and a 24.4 yds/return average.
Good thread. Really like the pick-up of Kevin Murphy and Kourtnei Brown and Joe Holland.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Listed completely updated. Only a few of my "top available" remain.

I'm excited about getting Purvis. I like both the RB's we got as UDFA's and think both could be contributors on some team. They probably won't make the team, but I would love them on the PS. Purvis is 100% a special teams and kick returner role player guy. He was definitely an explosive workout warrior.

5-10 1/8 198 lbs.
40 time: 4.35
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 14
Vertical Jump: 41
Broad Jump: 10'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.40
3-Cone Drill: 6.87

Last year he had 1000 kick return yards and a TD in 41 returns in 10 games. 100 return yards per game, and a 24.4 yds/return average.

I wonder if they'll work him at RB or CB (the position he played his fresh/soph years). But you're right, he's a special teams demon and i hope we can find a spot on the practice squad for him.
If all the reported UDFA signees are correct we have 1 roster spot open, 89 players are committed, 81 off them would be signed, only the 7 draft picks and Goldson will remain un-signed.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,742
LOL Tony Jerrod Eddie the junk grabber, just reading about how he grabbed some dudes ballz in a pile.
Originally posted by jimrat:
LOL Tony Jerrod Eddie the junk grabber, just reading about how he grabbed some dudes ballz in a pile.

Seriously?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,742
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by jimrat:
LOL Tony Jerrod Eddie the junk grabber, just reading about how he grabbed some dudes ballz in a pile.

Seriously?


HuskieWire ‏ @HuskieWire Close
Former #NIU fullback Cameron Bell has confirmed to the Daily Chronicle that he's agreed to a free agent deal with the San Francisco 49ers.
Bademosi apparently didn't sign with us, but with the Browns.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,196
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Bademosi apparently didn't sign with us, but with the Browns.

yep just saw that - The browns got a couple steals.

OKST WR Josh Cooper
Mizzou ST WR Jermaine Saffold
East Carolina CB Emmanuel Davis

Good haul for them.
When was the last time the niners actually had a quality starter who was a UDFA ?


Derrick Deese ?
Originally posted by susweel:
When was the last time the niners actually had a quality starter who was a UDFA ?


Derrick Deese ?

We had a Safety, Zack Bronson or something like that around 2002 ish.

Other than that, can't think of anyone else who contributed as an UDFA.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by susweel:
When was the last time the niners actually had a quality starter who was a UDFA ?


Derrick Deese ?

We had a Safety, Zack Bronson or something like that around 2002 ish.

Other than that, can't think of anyone else who contributed as an UDFA.

Well Dobbs was a good special teamer last year. I think that went unnoticed, because really when you think "success" you think sacks, etc. for a guy like him.
List updated. Only one left unsigned is RB Mike Ball.