Day 3 - Draft General Discussion

Outstanding finish to the draft for the niners
i'll take it
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
F**** Yah!!!!!

Cam Johnson!!!
Finally, a DE
I live in Denver, I guess I will never see Cam play...

Apart from that, great pick!
3-4 OLB
Good pick but I thought he was more of a 4-3 DE. Surprised a 4-3 didnt grab him earlier
do we make him an OLB or add weight and make him a DE?
CAM JOHNSON! I thought he was a 3rd-4th round talent. I still want a WR with size as an UDFA but I like this pick.
He probably had the least reason of any of the other fallers to fall (atleast as of what we know). Dennard may be in prison and struggled mightily in the Senior Bowl and Bowl Game. Minnifield has a significant injury red flag.

It's funny that we took a player ranked higher on internet draft pundits boards with our 7th round pick than our 1st round pick.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Finally, a DE

He wont be playing DE in a 3-4. Too small.
Matt Miller ‏ @nfldraftscout
#49ers end Cam Johnson's fall. Sickle cell trait really pushed his stock down the board. Surprise fall. Will play OLB in 3-4 D.
Originally posted by jreff22:
do we make him an OLB or add weight and make him a DE?

He's a beast of an OLB prospect dude. Plus he can play special teams.

Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
He probably had the least reason of any of the other fallers to fall (atleast as of what we know). Dennard may be in prison and struggled mightily in the Senior Bowl and Bowl Game. Minnifield has a significant injury red flag.

It's funny that we took a player ranked higher on internet draft pundits boards with our 7th round pick than our 1st round pick.

Hyperbole? Was Johnson really in the top 75 on boards? I know Jenkins was in that area on some.
They are converting to TE

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home