LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

Day 3 - Draft General Discussion

• WWFGD
  • Veteran
Has Ryan Steed, CB, Furman been drafted?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Id still like to see Burfict with our last pick.

I'd rather see Burfict get drafted with the "Mr. Irrelevant" pick... the title would suit him well.

Yeah but then he'd get to bang that hot crazy chick.

say whaaaaat?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/parking-lot/165398-psycho-chick-offers-one-night-irrelevant/

Originally posted by WRATHman44:

BOOO THIS MAN!!

A 7th round pick on a player that if our coaches can get the best out of, could be great. I'd do it.

dude's a bum, and he is an idiot. I'd pass on him. Take a flier on someone with crazy talent, who is raw but at least has their head on straight. Wouldn't mind if they took that freaf WR from South Dakota state (Baalke's last coaching gig)

People grow up. I think MadDog hated Ahmad Brooks and said "once a turd, always a turd." I think our coaches could get through to him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'm just not excited about this draft at all.

Because you dont know anything about the players?

No, because I would've chosen differently, not talking about the players but more about the positions. For instance, I wouldn't have chosen a OL just now, I would've focused on the secondary or the DL. No real competition on our DL and we need more depth or competition to push Brock, Culliver and Spillman.
Got a B on NFLN. I think it's fair. Address the need and depth.

BOOO THIS MAN!!

A 7th round pick on a player that if our coaches can get the best out of, could be great. I'd do it.

dude's a bum, and he is an idiot. I'd pass on him. Take a flier on someone with crazy talent, who is raw but at least has their head on straight. Wouldn't mind if they took that freaf WR from South Dakota state (Baalke's last coaching gig)

People grow up. I think MadDog hated Ahmad Brooks and said "once a turd, always a turd." I think our coaches could get through to him.

No one could even convince him to workout for his pro day, and that was a couple months of work for a ton of money. Incidentally, Ahmad Brooks was SOOOOOOO much more talented than this kid tat it isn't even funny.

edit: Also pretty sure MD hates everyone but JJ Watt and Adam Carriker
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Apr 28, 2012 at 2:36 PM ]
Streeter will become a star for the elder Harbaugh.
At this pick we really just need to burn it on a boom/bust player. No way of making the roster otherwise:

Boom/Bust Type Players:

Alfonso Dennard
Chase Minnifield
Vontaze Burfict
Cam Johnson
Gerrel Robinson
Dajohn Harris
Andrew Datko
Rishard Matthews
Janzen Jackson

Though I'd also be happy with Ryan Steed or Elvis Akpla the popular zone sleeper
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Apr 28, 2012 at 2:33 PM ]
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
what if they randomly selected a web zone member each year to join the team as a walk-on?

That would be fun, and entertaining to say the least...

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Grading the Niners on NFL network now.

Billick says we added good explosion to the smash-mouth.

Lombardi grades

49ers: B
Rams: B
Cards: C+
Hawks: C

Per Lombardi the 49ers kept their distance from the rest of the division

Lombardi also liked all the picks the Niners got.

Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
what if they randomly selected a web zone member each year to join the team as a walk-on?

That would be fun, and entertaining to say the least...

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy.

probably could get one of us as a UDFA. My agent says the phone hasn't been ringing
Dude, look at my location......c'mon, stop buying the hype. I got to see this guy play regularly.

Burfict, if a team wants him on special teams and to do nothing else but be a heat-seeking missile, he'll do a great job but he can't function in a structured defense, he likes to go off and do his own thing and was out of position more times often than not, he can't handle criticism, even gentle criticism, he's extremely defensive, he plays too high on emotion resulting in stupid penalties, its one of the best examples of million dollar body and 10 cent brain that I've ever seen. He'll make one great play, followed by 2 stupid penalties, followed by 2 big plays by the offense because he was out of position and missed his assignment.

The guy needs serious therapy, not an NFL contract.
That's unusual, Lombari and LaCanfora are usually slamming the 49ers at every possible opportunity.

Lombardi grades

Plus we added a third and a sixth next year. Not bad.

Lombardi grades

I loved our draft, kept our distance from the rest. We did add a new dimension with LaMichael James and A.J. Jenkins. And added solid OL in Looney and Slowey. I like the other 2 picks, Robinson and Fleming, I see no reason people should be upset, but it happens every year. people hype up players and when not drafted the FO gets blasted, which is unfair. They know better than us who is the better player. I was obvious Fleener wasn't valued like we did with Jenkins, plus we didn't need a TE.

Iverall, we did great, I say B+, I include the fact we got 3 more picks in 2013, especially the 3rd from Carolina.
Share 49ersWebzone