There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Day 3 - Draft General Discussion

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I just don't see Tolz or Kap ending up on PS, where either would almost certainly be taken. If anyone goes PS it is JJ. But then the same question, why did we get him? I know for sure, B&H don't make moves on whims. This one i just fail to get.

On another note, after watching virtually both days of draft, both channels, NOT ONE of them got what Coach and baalke were doing: ie, fixing the 3rd down problem, our one huge failing. How we got to NFC title game wth no 3rd down capability is just frankly mind boggling. Surprising not one of the commentators picked up on what Coach and GM were doing.No one said, "well, the 49ers just fixed their one weakness....3rd down and short." Not one. In other words, all the stuff those guys said, and not one realized what Coach and baalke had done.

They're all totally lost... or just straight retarded.

We overcame the 3rd downs with +28 turnover differential and record breaking field goals. Lulz.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I just don't see Tolz or Kap ending up on PS, where either would almost certainly be taken. If anyone goes PS it is JJ. But then the same question, why did we get him? I know for sure, B&H don't make moves on whims. This one i just fail to get.

On another note, after watching virtually both days of draft, both channels, NOT ONE of them got what Coach and baalke were doing: ie, fixing the 3rd down problem, our one huge failing. How we got to NFC title game wth no 3rd down capability is just frankly mind boggling. Surprising not one of the commentators picked up on what Coach and GM were doing.No one said, "well, the 49ers just fixed their one weakness....3rd down and short." Not one. In other words, all the stuff those guys said, and not one realized what Coach and baalke had done.

Agree. They had absolutely no clue to the purpose of what the 49ers where doing here. As long as we see and know it is all good though. Just annoying to hear them talk and not have a clue as to what over half of the teams are doing here.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1Crabtree5:
man how long till the thing gets goin?

35 minutes
man
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by 1Crabtree5:
man how long till the thing gets goin?

35 minutes
I thought it started 1.5 hours ago. I need to get more beer, or some kittens lol
[ Edited by 1Crabtree5 on Apr 28, 2012 at 8:27 AM ]
Originally posted by Wodwo:
They're all totally lost... or just straight retarded.

We overcame the 3rd downs with +28 turnover differential and record breaking field goals. Lulz.

It didn't hurt that we played a comparatively weak schedule and lucked out incredibly in a couple of games, pulling victory from the jaws of defeat.
Am I correct that the 2013 5th round pick we acquired for sliding back five slots could theoretically be used to slide up 8-10 spots at the bottom of the 4th round today?
what surprise's are in store this morning. either way i am going to like any pick we take even if we draft a squirrel i would still love it. that's how much i trust harbaalke.
6'5", 4.40. Drool.
Rooting for Crick and Childs
The Bengals look like they are having a good draft so far, lots of good players.

Cincinnati Bengals

No. 17: Alabama cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick.

No. 27: Wisconsin guard Kevin Zeitler.

No. 53: Penn State defensive tackle Devon Still.

No. 83: Rutgers receiver Mohamed Sanu.

No. 93: Clemson defensive tackle Brandon Thompson.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/28/where-each-team-stands-after-two-days-of-the-draft/
^^ if we get another WR who do we say ye too

ginn manningham jenkins and crabs are all locks

i say we have room for 1 more maybe
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
The Bengals look like they are having a good draft so far, lots of good players.

Cincinnati Bengals

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/28/where-each-team-stands-after-two-days-of-the-draft/

Bengals are on the UP in the afc north. feels like the 80's again
The 49ers will look like this:

A.J. Jenkins

LaMichael James

Alameda Ta'amu

Tommy Streeter

BOOM!
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
^^ if we get another WR who do we say ye too

ginn manningham jenkins and crabs are all locks

i say we have room for 1 more maybe

That's why we should only take one if it's Streeter. He's way different than the others.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Cincinnati Bengals

Yeah, last season combined with this season... they gonna be good. Nice that part of it was made possible by their raping of the Raiders. Hehe....