Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
still have some favorites

want a big WR for fun

Criner or Toon?

Streeter

Crabs, Moss, Manningham, Jenkins, Streeter, Ginn

I friggin like it, or Greg Childs. I'm REALLY high on Greg Childs dude. He reminds me of TO physically, with a way better attitude.

I like Childs...does he drop that far..?

I hope so. I dunno if you saw it earlier, but I suggested we move our 5th rounder and that 2013 Indy 5th to move up for a 4th this year. Thoughts?

3 4th's...I would do it. plus we still have a 6th and 7th. I would use the last 4th on the WR and see who falls the most.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Joe Looney OG and Markelle Martin S in round 4
Ta'amu would be sweet. Let him compete for back up NT.
Anyone think we trade down from the 2nd pick in the 4th? Would be prime real estate there with a lot of good players left. Could maybe pick up picks for next year.
  • J49er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerseyNiner:
4th round, No. 125 overall
Tommy Streeter
Receiving G Rec Yards Yds/ RecLong TD Yds/G
12 46 811 17.6 57 8 67.6
Position: WR
Class: Jr
School: Miami (FL)

HT: 6'5"
WT: 219 lbs.
40 Time: 4.37
Conference: ACC

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/draft-2012/players/83619.html#ixzz1tJAV16ja

This!
Originally posted by J49er:
Originally posted by JerseyNiner:
4th round, No. 125 overall
Tommy Streeter
Receiving G Rec Yards Yds/ RecLong TD Yds/G
12 46 811 17.6 57 8 67.6
Position: WR
Class: Jr
School: Miami (FL)

HT: 6'5"
WT: 219 lbs.
40 Time: 4.37
Conference: ACC

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/draft-2012/players/83619.html#ixzz1tJAV16ja

This!

I'd almost rather have Streeter or Child's than Moss. I have serious doubts that he has much left.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Childs would be interesting but the team would have to get rid of Moss, Ginn, Williams, or Crabtree to make it happen.

Ta'amu would be worth the risk in the 4th. He'd be able to learn for a year behind Sopoaga and Jean-Francois at NT. He would push Williams and/or Dobbs off the roster though.

Hopefully the team can pick up Ron Brooks later on to fill out the roster at corner. He is an unknown being behind those guys at LSU but he could turn out to be a steal.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for insanemike27.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Best BPA according to NFL.com Grades...
1.Dennard, Alfonzo
2.Massie, Bobby
3.Miller, Lamar
4.Polk, Chris
5.Winn, Billy
6.Crick, Jared
7.Lewis, Ronnell
8.Sanders, Zebrie (can he play guard?)
9.Wade, Trevin (CB, Arizona)
10.Brown, James (G, Troy)
11.Boykin, Brandon
12.Minnifield, Chase
13.Givens, Chris
14.Criner, Juron
15.Charles, Orson
16.Adams, Joe
17.Jones, Ben
18.Bolden, Omar
19.Ta'Amu, Alameda
20. Toon, Nick

If you look at Zebrie Sanders bio on NFL.com, he sounds like a very good gaurd. He has great athletism. He can get to the second level and block down field. He can pull and set up screens. I think this maybe our next pick. I guess only time will tell.
[ Edited by insanemike27 on Apr 27, 2012 at 11:37 PM ]
still have some favorites

want a big WR for fun

Criner or Toon?

Streeter

Crabs, Moss, Manningham, Jenkins, Streeter, Ginn

I friggin like it, or Greg Childs. I'm REALLY high on Greg Childs dude. He reminds me of TO physically, with a way better attitude.

I like Childs...does he drop that far..?

I hope so. I dunno if you saw it earlier, but I suggested we move our 5th rounder and that 2013 Indy 5th to move up for a 4th this year. Thoughts?

3 4th's...I would do it. plus we still have a 6th and 7th. I would use the last 4th on the WR and see who falls the most.

My thoughts exactly. Will definitely be interesting to see what HarBaalke will do tomorrow.

Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I can't stand to think that Joe Adams is still available and we spent a 1st on AJ Jenkins. I know we're projecting AJ Jenkins to be a good player, but Joe Adams just has that "it" factor, is a homerun every time he touches the ball, and produced consistently against greater competition. He would instantly become our most electric playmaker at WR and be a top 5 KR/PR guy in the NFL.

If I'm the 49ers and he falls to our 2nd 4th round pick I would have to think long and hard about pulling the trigger (Williams/Ginn could be expendable and Moss is no lock to actually be a contributing player/make the team). I know I know, it's not a need but he would be perfect and eliminate the need for a PR/KR exclusive player like Ginn (and provide an upgrade over Kyle Williams).

Everybody wants to eliminate Ginn all over the WZ. Guess you guys didn't watch the NFC Championship....

No not anybody and everybody can do it (return). It's a difficult skill and we have a top 3 guy in the NFL. You don't get rid of that. We were lucky he came back in FA. He's more important to this team than most. Our special teams sets up our offense and keeps our D in good position too.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Everybody wants to eliminate Ginn all over the WZ. Guess you guys didn't watch the NFC Championship....

No not anybody and everybody can do it (return). It's a difficult skill and we have a top 3 guy in the NFL. You don't get rid of that. We were lucky he came back in FA. He's more important to this team than most. Our special teams sets up our offense and keeps our D in good position too.

Ginn can have a place on this roster just for his return skills alone in my opinion. I think people just don't like the fact that he doesn't offer much as a WR and it makes us basically carry an extra WR because of him. Only way we should get rid of him is IF we have found a replacement who is as good as he is. Could be any combo of James, Cox, Jenkins, etc but we can't let him go until we find replacement(s) who can do as well as he did. I'm not so sure any of them can replace him... would be stupid just to boot him out the door until we are certain. There are other ways to save a roster spot. He's too valuable.

My thinking as to why he could be gone after this year is he won't be happy with the share of WR playing time he gets. We are a better team now... he just won't get much time. I could also see Williams and Moss gone after this year so that possibly leaves Crabtree, Manningham and Jenkins for next year.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 27, 2012 at 11:50 PM ]
I still think we need a DL, OLB, and CB, not in that order. I think the OG belongs to Kilgore and we have Boone that could possibly be a back up and Beeler as the swing Guard and Center. Also, do we still have Mike Person on the roster? He's a solid player, I think. I think we need a safety too, but not as badly.
I hope we pick up a inside lineman and a pass rusher.

[ Edited by MILFS on Apr 28, 2012 at 12:19 AM ]
I think we nab Massie with one of our 4th picks as insurance going into camp. -This is gonna be an offensive-stocked draft (seeing in how we locked down even our DEPTH GUYS on he defense amidst FA).
Share 49ersWebzone