There are 170 users in the forums

Who do we target in rd 2?

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
hope we move up to get Silatolu. Just to shut everyone up about not selecting a G in the first.

We should stay true to our board. Get the best player in round 2.

well..... Baalke did something similar to what chaz is saying last year.............................................
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Rumor is that they coveted Bruce Irvin and would've taken him at 30 if he'd lasted that long. So it sounds like they're looking to add another outside pass rusher. Makes sense since Haralson is not that great and he's getting a little long in the tooth, plus you can never have too many pass rushers. Look for them to go DE/OLB in the second round. Andre Branch, Vinny Curry...
Originally posted by Lifer:
Rumor is that they coveted Bruce Irvin and would've taken him at 30.

Link?
Amini Silatolu would be great.
Originally posted by D-Money:
Since we have absolutely no idea what the front office is going to do, proven by how nobody got the first round pick right.

I'm sticking with Lamar Miller, RB, from The U if he slides to us. I like him a lot as he reminds me of Lashawn McCoy from Philly.

Then maybe a trade up into the middle of round three to secure an olineman.

i dont see us going with 4 backs into the season.. I think we have more adressing needs AT CB/DE (depth)/Guard than we do at the RB position. its kendalls 2nd year and jacobs 1st on the team.. no need to fix something that hasnt broke yet or proved to be broken.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

Link?

"Seattle knew better, or at least thought they did. Sources said that the San Francisco 49ers had basically guaranteed Irvin a pick at 30th overall if he fell that far."

About halfway down the page...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/trades-surprises-define-first-round-115726223.html
[ Edited by Lifer on Apr 27, 2012 at 1:19 PM ]
guard then safety tonight,
then tomorrow pass rush and rb and dl

Link?

"Seattle knew better, or at least thought they did. Sources said that the San Francisco 49ers had basically guaranteed Irvin a pick at 30th overall if he fell that far."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/trades-surprises-define-first-round-115726223.html

I saw that too but it makes zero sense for them to guarantee anything to a player. What benefit do they have to do that. I just dont buy it.
I highly doubt we draft a RB
Baalke told Harbaugh Wednesday night that AJ Jenkins would be the pick if he was there at #30. No way would Baalke and company take a player in the first round that can only be on the field in passing situations. Way too many good football players on the board for Irvin to be chosen in the top 15.

You can pick up road grader guards in rounds three and four. They're not that hard to find. My guess is the 49ers target an RB or TE.

But, then again, I'm usually dead wrong.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Link?

I saw that too but it makes zero sense for them to guarantee anything to a player. What benefit do they have to do that. I just dont buy it.

I took the word "guarantee" with a grain of salt. It's just a rumor after all. The 49ers would never guarantee anything... that's probably someone else's characterization.

Still, it's just a rumor. Take it for what it's worth.
It's so hard to tell what's real and what's not, Baalke said that Jenkins was the pick all along, Irvin might have been a head fake to get someone in front of SF to jump in desperation, if so, it worked quite beautifully. As much as there were questions about Aldon's ability to hold up against the run, Irvin has those questions even moreso, ideally he was slated for a 3-4 team.....so it seems like he'll be a fish out of water in Seattle.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
You can pick up road grader guards in rounds three and four. They're not that hard to find. My guess is the 49ers target an RB or TE.

But, then again, I'm usually dead wrong.

Ladarius Green is a possibility if they want another TE, or Egnew in the 3rd round. I really do see a focus coming on depth on defense, especially if the team is sold on Kilgore, then I see CB/FS/OLB all taking priority.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 27, 2012 at 1:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

They "guarantee" spots to guys like Luck, Griffin, but your right i dont know if they do it to picks as low as #30. I know Peyton manning said he was phone called by the colts the day before that he was going to be picked from them. so there is the possibility that we told him if ur #30 your coming to us.
Share 49ersWebzone