There are 214 users in the forums

Who do we target in rd 2?

Wouldnt be surprised if its Fleener, either by trade up or he falls to us. Also wouldnt be surprised if its someone that makes us all say "WTF? WHO?"
  • crew
  • Veteran
I like Brooks as well and he should be there at #61. I also wouldn't mind trading up a few spots to nab Derek Wolfe.
What do you guys think about trading up for Konz if he continues to slip? We talk about having competition for each position and he would provide that at center which we need to address in the near future anyways since Goodwin is on the wrong side of 30. I've also read where Konz can play guard too.

I think their will be a run on receivers so maybe he may fall a little.
We passed on Fleener and Hill... nothing matters anymore. We are doomed..
I'm just assuming it's going to be a guy I know nothing about. I always trust our front office though. I want an OG because Kilgore in year 2 worries me but we will know after today how they feel about Kilgore. Still think Turbin or another RB could be on the radar.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Vinny Curry
Casey hayward
Jared Crick
Cordy Glenn
Ben Jones
Peter Konz
Alfonzo Dennard -- YES I said it!!!!
Why not? All our other guesses turned out well.....
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Vinny Curry
Casey hayward
Jared Crick
Cordy Glenn
Ben Jones
Peter Konz
Alfonzo Dennard -- YES I said it!!!!

Dennard will probably be there at 90 in the 3rd ^_^
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Did Schwartz get picked?

i like swartz too, but can he play guard ???...I'd like to go: Konz, Simatolu, Scwartz..In dat order
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
hope we move up to get Silatolu. Just to shut everyone up about not selecting a G in the first.

Yeah, I agree. I'd even give up our 3rd to do it.

I would give up the third for Silatolu, Konz, Glenn or Fleener. give up a 5th to move up a few spots or stay pat and let the draft gods do their magic. They are obviously building a team, drafting for need and veratility of BPA. The niners felt they needed offensive help, they had the name in an envelope early, so the draft was merely a side show trading up or down was not an option.

In a nutshell, BPA is thrown out the window. It is position of need, along with fitting their mold of flexibility. Read an article where AJ Jenkins can line up at all 3 WR spots, something they covet since the niners do not know what WR's will show up this year, the good randy moss, the crabtree meeting expectations or ??

I'm starting to think that Baalke likes Kilgore a lot and won't spend an early pick on a G. I think they'll bring in a vet after the draft, maybe Leonard Davis once he gets healthy, for competition, but they want Kilgore to win that spot. I'm thinking it's gonna be DL, OLB, or DB.

I just saw a mock where the Rams get Randle, Silatolu, and Janoris Jenkins. If they come away with that haul, I'll be super jealous.
Originally posted by 9erred:
I would give up the third for Silatolu, Konz, Glenn or Fleener. give up a 5th to move up a few spots or stay pat and let the draft gods do their magic. They are obviously building a team, drafting for need and veratility of BPA. The niners felt they needed offensive help, they had the name in an envelope early, so the draft was merely a side show trading up or down was not an option.

In a nutshell, BPA is thrown out the window. It is position of need, along with fitting their mold of flexibility. Read an article where AJ Jenkins can line up at all 3 WR spots, something they covet since the niners do not know what WR's will show up this year, the good randy moss, the crabtree meeting expectations or ??

I completely disagree that BPA is out the window. They just liked Jenkins a ton. The other guy they were considering was Irvin, and OLB isn't a "need". We have a need for depth at pretty much every position, so you could call any pick a "need" pick.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
We passed on Fleener and Hill... nothing matters anymore. We are doomed..

I'm bummed about Fleener too....would have been a great fit and a miss match nightmare with VD and Moss...
Top 10 on my board for 2nd round (based on what I think Baalke will want)

1. Andre Branch, OLB, Clemson
2. Peter Konz, C Wisconsin
3. Kelechi Osemele, G Iowa State
4. Casey Hayward, CB Vanderbilt
5. Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia
6. Vinny Curry, OLB, Marshall
7. Derek Wolf, DE, Cincinnati
8. Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern St
9. Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
10. Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson
not that it matters AT ALL since none of us will guess correctly. but this is my wish list in the 2nd

Fleener
Glenn
Konz
Osemele
Silatolu

in the 3rd

Turbin
Jonathan Massaquoi
Orson Charles
Alameda Ta'amu
Mike Martin

We shall see....