LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Who do we target in rd 2?

I'd look at my draft board but it's worthless.

Guys that look appealling:
Vinny Curry
Kendall Reyes
Jenoris Jenkins
Amini Silatolu
Josh Robinson
Jared Crick
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
hope we move up to get Silatolu. Just to shut everyone up about not selecting a G in the first.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
hope we move up to get Silatolu. Just to shut everyone up about not selecting a G in the first.

We should stay true to our board. Get the best player in round 2.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
According to Kiper, RB is a need.

Change of pace back?
Did Schwartz get picked?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Did Schwartz get picked?

No, but he will in the second round.To me, the target now is Brandon Brooks. Not sure if he will be on the board late in the second, but that is the play for me.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 27, 2012 at 7:09 AM ]

Defense, preferably a safety. But defense.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
It'll be DB or G/C but it could still be an RB WalterFootball round 2 + 3 mock after accouting for round 1 yesterday has Polk(went to pro day), James(went to pro day), Pead(hosted for a visit), and Bernard Pierce(hosted for a visit) all going between the 75 and 89 picks of the 3rd round, and we clearly evaluate talent on our own scale (with Aldon being taken roughly 5-10 spots "too soon", Culliver being taken in the 3rd with a 6th round grade, taking a 7th round DE and making him into a pro-bowl FB and now the Jenkins pick who in all likelihood was going between 33-45 according to all his visits and the new media chatter from this morning).

"reaching" for a player we love is the new norm of the FO, it'll give people on here high blood pressure but it is working so I wont complain. Taking a RB we really like 10-15 spots earlier then expect rather then trading back and hopefully not having one of those teams trade back in front of us is too much of a risk and trading up costs picks so when we have so much talent on the roster I'm sure the FO is going to do some creative things tonight.

but my take is this
Current favorites are
Josh Robinson for CB
Trumaine Johnson for S
Kelechi Osemele or Brandon Brooks for G
Since we have absolutely no idea what the front office is going to do, proven by how nobody got the first round pick right.

I'm sticking with Lamar Miller, RB, from The U if he slides to us. I like him a lot as he reminds me of Lashawn McCoy from Philly.

Then maybe a trade up into the middle of round three to secure an olineman.

• mayo49
  • Veteran

Yeah, I agree. I'd even give up our 3rd to do it.
our 4th our second and next years 5th to move up for Silatolu in the second- might be a little light but I can dream.

Then we get lucky and Turbin slides down far enough to grab him in the 3rd.

OK neither of those happen, but dammit that would be awesome.
If they really like Silatolu, Baalke will trade up to get him...if they're content to wait for Brooks, that's fine, too. I'd be happy with either guy. They could go after Reyes, too, then go OG in 3rd.
  • dj43
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Did Schwartz get picked?

No, but he will in the second round.To me, the target now is Brandon Brooks. Not sure if he will be on the board late in the second, but that is the play for me.

I like Brooks also but that assumes Harbaugh does not see Kilgore as the future. A G/C option would be more in play for me. Goodwin is on the downside of his career and having an interior swingman makes the most sense right now. Konz?

This. I'm guessing we gave him a 1st round grade, so giving up a few picks would be smart move. He's similar to Iupati in many ways and they loved him coming out.
[ Edited by strickac on Apr 27, 2012 at 8:48 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone