LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

Draft a second WR?

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
NO. Crabtree, Mario, Moss, Jenkins, Williams, Ginn... there would be no room for another WR. Plus, the Niners need to address needs on both lines and at safey. Just dont see it.

Cut Williams
I think we either add a 2nd WR in the 4th round, or a big TE.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

If Childs or Streeter falls that far I'm game
I'd be down with Streeter in the 4th, there's your big, developmental prospect who can possibly blossom into a #1 someday.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

If Childs or Streeter falls that far I'm game

x2 I would die if we added either of them

I dont see anyway the Niners take a 2nd WR that early. Perhaps a TE but I think they will go OG, DL, and DB in the next 3 rounds.

I dont see anyway the Niners take a 2nd WR that early. Perhaps a TE but I think they will go OG, DL, and DB in the next 3 rounds.

This
Streeter!!!
  • flow
  • Veteran
I hope we get Greg Childs somewhere down the line... and trade Crabtree.
Originally posted by jreff22:
NO. Crabtree, Mario, Moss, Jenkins, Williams, Ginn... there would be no room for another WR. Plus, the Niners need to address needs on both lines and at safey. Just dont see it.

Cut Williams

i think that's a given now.....

....unless they expect Jenkins to beat out Ginn at KR/PR.........................

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yes do it and trade Crabdouche.
Greg Childs or Juron Criner in the 4th or 5th IMO.
I'm hoping for Taylor Thompson, the DE from SMU who switched to TE at his Pro Day. The guy is 6'6", ran a 4.58 and seemed to be a natural pass catcher and strong blocker on this Pro Day. Not to mention, Harbaugh & co., love conversion guys.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Lots of good ones left but not really any room. Maybe late...

Whatever... there is plenty of room. We are not saving roster spots for Moss, Williams, and Ginn. All of them could get cut if we find someone better. WR was by far the weakest position on the team in '11. I see Crabtree, Manningham, and Jenkins as the only locks. That leaves at least 2 spots open with very weak competition for them.

Jenkins has return skills (making Ginn expendable). Id like to see us target a big red-zone target if one falls. With guys like Hill, Randle, and Jeffery still on the board I could see a guy like Mohamed Sanu falling to the 3rd round.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Greg Childs or Juron Criner in the 4th or 5th IMO.

I'd be more than okay with Childs in the 4th...or honestly..even with our third.
Share 49ersWebzone