LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Bruce Irvin first round promise?

Originally posted by kronik:
One Trick ponies like Irvin wont go in the 1st round. He's good at his one trick (speed edge rusher) tho

If a team believes he can legitimately be a pretty good pass rusher he could go in the 1st.

With it becoming more a passing league guys like him will get pushed up even if all they can do is rush the passer.

I mean look at how the Safety position has been pushed up over the past few years. That used to be the position you put a CB that was slowing down at but now you have it being a top 15 pick.
Well, could there be a formation on passing downs, where you have Aldon Smith, Justin Smith, McDonald, Brooks, and Bruce Irvin on the field at the same time? I can see it. And wow... that sounds absolutely dominant. Scary so.
Within 2 weeks of the draft, make it a practice to not believe anything you hear, there's so much BS and misdirection going on out there that you really don't know what is real or not and if I had to guess I'd say that this whole Irvin thing is a load of baloney as well. I'll still be shocked to not see them pick Hill or Fleener if either or both are available late in the 1st round......or Jenkins, as neither Harbaugh nor Baalke seem fazed by dealing with so-called "high-risk" guys.
On nfl network they said they heard Irvin expected to go to the 49ers, so being drafted at 15 was a surprise. Was Irvin the guy baalke talked about?
[ Edited by cubanb on Apr 26, 2012 at 6:47 PM ]
Originally posted by miked1978:
I think Irvin will go earlier than what people expect. I orginally had him going in the 3rd but no way he lasts that long now. Dude is still learning about rushing the passer and teams have placed a high ceiling on him.

r u a wizard?
r u a wizard?

No
No

yeah right
No

Have you tried any magic? Maybe you just never tried
Originally posted by cubanb:
Have you tried any magic? Maybe you just never tried

I'm going to try tomorrow.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Bruce Irvin, Alshon Jeffrey, and a 3rd round OG. Call it a day.

Bruce Irvin, Best WR or CB Available at #61, and a 3rd round OG. Call it a day.

i wouldn't mind at all if it went down like this if we traded down and drafted:

irvin
jenkins
DL
A.J Jenkins

all in the first three rounds.

Well, I predicted that Jenkins was going to be picked by us.

Bigger reach than what we did.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Bigger reach than what we did.

Per a league source, at least seven teams had Irvin rated as one of the top 15 players available in the draft.

so I guess its a great pick because other people thought he was a first rounder.....right guys?
Rob Rang ‏ @RobRang
Sources from multiple teams indicate WVU OLB Bruce Irvin would have been the Jets, Ravens and 49ers pick in first round if available to them
Originally posted by kronik:
One Trick ponies like Irvin wont go in the 1st round. He's good at his one trick (speed edge rusher) tho

One thing I learned a long time ago when it comes to the draft...never say things like won't, can't, never or no way!
Yeah, I'm a little bumed about the Chickens picking this dude. Even if he is a one trick pony, sacking the QB is a pretty awesome trick.... Does anyone have his arm length?
Share 49ersWebzone