LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 172 users in the forums

Plain & Simple: Who will the Niners draft in the 1st rd?

Who will we draft and why?
I think the pick will be Fleener or Jeffery. The why is obvious... we need a big target to lure coverage away from VD.
Silatolu. We have done plenty in FA but on the line we have just let 2 guards walk. Now, admittedly one was Rachal, but he still had a roster spot.

We may be looking to pick a vet up later, or we may take a late pick as well. But I think the activity at receiver etc means that they look to cover the RG in the draft.

We will see.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We will draft OLB Shea McClellen
michael floyd because he will fall and the niners will trade up to get him.
I believe the 1st round interest in Silatolu and Jenkins, so I'm assuming one of them if either are on the board at 30.
Fleener for all the reasons in Cohn's article

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20120421/sports/120429888
I'll say Stephen Hill
I'm sticking with TE Coby Fleener.
Originally posted by English:
Silatolu. We have done plenty in FA but on the line we have just let 2 guards walk. Now, admittedly one was Rachal, but he still had a roster spot.

We may be looking to pick a vet up later, or we may take a late pick as well. But I think the activity at receiver etc means that they look to cover the RG in the draft.

We will see.

+1. Think it's the guard with the high upside as well.

Im going to go ahead and say Kendall Wright. Why? Cause no one else said it yet...and the dude has "game speed."
Whichever one is remaining at 30 in order if all of them are there between Hill, Fleener, Randle, a Silatolu or another G.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Will draft in 1st round? None. I think we'll trade back into the early 2nd. Likely take Jenkins, Jeffery, Jones or a Guard.

Want to draft in 1st round? Doug Martin, RB, Boise State
just seen this could be smokescreen info

According to NFL Network's Michael Lombardi, West Virginia OLB Bruce Irvin was told by a team in the bottom third of the draft order that he will be picked in the first round. Thesidelineview.com's Lance Zierlein hears the 49ers are the "promise team" for Irvin in the first. It's a bit of surprise that San Francisco would go defense early, but pass rushers carry as much value as any position save quarterback. Per ESPN 710 Seattle's Liz Mathews, the Seahawks have also been interested, though not in the first round after Irvin's March arrest for destruction of property.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The Niners can pretty much do anything in this draft, except move way up (past 20). So, it will be fun to watch.
Share 49ersWebzone