There are 166 users in the forums

MadDog's 49ers Best Player Available Board

Originally posted by mebemused:
Down your list you have ranked your receivers:
Marvin Jones
A J Jenkins
Kendall Wright

Is the reason that Wright is at the bottom is that his production is inflated by the quality of the Baylor offense? In contrast, neither Jones or Jenkins had a great QB throwing to them.
Upside in the NFL. Wright was an amazing college receiver, but may have to move inside in the NFL. Really see great value in the other receivers, and a bright NFL career. Jones checkmarked all the boxes this offseason. Huge catch radius. Jenkins improving each year and had some of the worst college QB's throwing to him during his time there.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
MD thanks as always for your contributions , boyh you and OTC is what make this site valuable more than any teams websites ....cheers bro!!!

Thanks.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
MadDog, based on most mocks I've been able to take in, it seems like the players with a legitimate chance of being available at #30 are Konz, Hill, Jenkins, and Sanu.

So that means that if you were GM of the 49ers you would reach for Sanu if the other three were gone? Or you would trade back? Or what?

In the scenario you provided, try to trade back, like everyone else in the NFL. If unable, pull the lever for Sanu.

I just think one of those players will still be on the board at 30.

Posted in another thread the other day saying my ideal scenario is trading back and taking Sanu with the firs 2nd rounder, and a guard like Brooks with the second one.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Who's grades higher, Peterson last year or Claiborne this year?
Originally posted by Amir:

To chime in....Peterson because of his ST abilities
Originally posted by fan49:
i agree with your wr assesment. i believe hill is second, above the rest is because he covers a lot of ground in a reciever. 1. hes big, 2. hes fast 3. He's got good hands. 4. he can block and has been doing it in the offense he was in a lot already- so he can contribute day 1.

Question. Do you feel randle and wright are too similar to crabtree, but might block better? I just cant see them being too dynamic with crabs and wright or randle. I see it way more lethal in the future with Hill, and Crabs.

Dont see many similarities in the WRs listed in height, body type, game. Randle is a long striding deep threat. To me, not a fully committed blocker, though some would disagree. Dont see a passion for the game. Wright is scrappy, deceptively quick. Played in a conference with some really bad corners. Not sure he has much upside from here.

Hill has the deep speed, is an intelligent young man, is mature and a hard worker. You are getting a blocker right away based on GT's system. Raw, but with so much upside it is silly.
Hey maddog nice list where do you have Alshon Jeffery ranked?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Posted in another thread the other day saying my ideal scenario is trading back and taking Sanu with the firs 2nd rounder, and a guard like Brooks with the second one.

That would be a terrific duo.
Great Work MD

couple of last minute questions...

anybody looking like a JJ clone or close to it this year in your opinion?
who is your biggest boom or must player?
do you see us drafting any guys and moving them to a different spot...(Bruce Miller/Ahmed Brooks)?
who are your top favorites this year..guys you would love to get?

Originally posted by Amir:

Peterson since he adds special teams value. The guy is going to be a nightmare for teams for a long time as they have to decide whether to punt the ball out of bounds, or take a risk in kicking to him.
Originally posted by Engleburger:
Hey maddog nice list where do you have Alshon Jeffery ranked?

On my Niners' board, 137th. I have him as the number 14 WR in this draft. Me no likey the Jeffery very much.

Corrected from 127th to 137th. Sorry.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 23, 2012 at 8:57 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
MadDog, based on most mocks I've been able to take in, it seems like the players with a legitimate chance of being available at #30 are Konz, Hill, Jenkins, and Sanu.

So that means that if you were GM of the 49ers you would reach for Sanu if the other three were gone? Or you would trade back? Or what?

In the scenario you provided, try to trade back, like everyone else in the NFL. If unable, pull the lever for Sanu.

I just think one of those players will still be on the board at 30.

So, what kind of trade? Moving back and picking around #45 and then our own pick at #61? What do we get for moving back 15 spots?
Thanks,MD
Originally posted by jreff22:
Great Work MD

couple of last minute questions...

anybody looking like a JJ clone or close to it this year in your opinion?
who is your biggest boom or must player?
do you see us drafting any guys and moving them to a different spot...(Bruce Miller/Ahmed Brooks)?
who are your top favorites this year..guys you would love to get?

No JJ clones this year. Probably none for a long long time. Dont think people understand how outrageous of an athlete Watt is. His combine last year was legendary after a terrific junior year.

6'5", 290 with 34" arms. Ran a 4.78, which is a good time for a player 30 pounds lighter. 34 reps, a 37" vertical, 10' broad, and the scariest number, a 6.88 3 cone. To put this in perspective, he was a guy about 90 pounds heavier than Claiborne and Jenkins, but jumped substantially higher, just as long, and had a superior cone time. Crazy athleticism, hard working, dedicated.

Biggest boom or bust? Tannehill. The guy will probably be selected at number 7, but wont be ready for years. Could be great, could stink.

Look for a couple late rounders to be versatile players the team may convert: Jeremy Jones (CB/S) of Wayne State; Chris Anzevino (C/G) of Kent State; Matt Broha (DE/LB/TE) of Louisiana Tech; Tavaris Cadet (RB/WR) of Appalachian St; Jason Slowey (C/G) Western Oregon. Expect one of these guys to be drafted by the team. Lay heavy money on one of these guys.

Too bad the team laid heavy money on Ahmad Brooks because I think Andre Branch is going to be really, really good. Peter Konz, DeCastro. All these guys are future stars. Love Bobby Wagner, Brandon Brooks.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 23, 2012 at 9:41 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone