There are 390 users in the forums
49oz2Superbowl: "True BPA" Mock Draft (with pictures)
Apr 23, 2012 at 1:52 PM
- blm7754
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,785
I don't like trading the 2nd rounder for more mid round picks. This draft is pretty deep at the WR, CB, and OG spots and I think its very likely that a 1st round talent at one of those spots will fall well into the 2nd round. If anything, we should trade our 3rd and/or 4th round picks to move up in the 2nd.
Apr 23, 2012 at 1:56 PM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,144
Apr 23, 2012 at 2:00 PM
- 9erred
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,195
This is a well thought out draft. It has more likes (DE and OLB) than dislikes.
When you did the draft you posted its biggest weakness, lack of OL drafting. I think if you take out the second WR and put in a G/T prospect, it would be better and most of the draft picks would make the roster.
When you did the draft you posted its biggest weakness, lack of OL drafting. I think if you take out the second WR and put in a G/T prospect, it would be better and most of the draft picks would make the roster.
Apr 23, 2012 at 2:27 PM
- irishluder
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,356
good stuff, I like it... I think we could trade up to get an extra 3rd instead of lose our 2nd rounder though
Love the picture of burfict BTW
Love the picture of burfict BTW
Apr 23, 2012 at 3:22 PM
- ForeverYoung8
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,090
Originally posted by susweel:
Apr 23, 2012 at 5:52 PM
- 49oz2superbowl
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,615
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
Originally posted by susweel:
Apr 23, 2012 at 5:58 PM
- 49oz2superbowl
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,615
Originally posted by blm7754:
I don't like trading the 2nd rounder for more mid round picks. This draft is pretty deep at the WR, CB, and OG spots and I think its very likely that a 1st round talent at one of those spots will fall well into the 2nd round. If anything, we should trade our 3rd and/or 4th round picks to move up in the 2nd.
Unless we can trade up to the top of the 2nd where it is a "first round" talent we are landing, I believe that the real value of this draft lies in rounds 3-4 (hence the trade up). Having four picks in that range we can add 4 quality players at 4 different positions.
I don't see any 1st round wr/cb that could be had in the mid 2nd, that's THAT much better than a wr/cb that can be had in the 3rd/4th. Atleast not enough to justify giving up our 2nd and 3rd (and the opportunity cost of an additional 3rd and 4th).
To each his own.
Apr 23, 2012 at 6:03 PM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,857
Nice draft. Think we should move up and draft less players than trade back though.
Apr 23, 2012 at 6:10 PM
- LasVegasWally
- Veteran
- Posts: 24,886
Totally agree on your first round assessment! Well writtwn.
Very good draft and I would be happy with it. Wolfe is goinng to be a real presence and woulld be great to learn under Justin.
Joe the Jet would be exciting and a real asset.
Very good draft and I would be happy with it. Wolfe is goinng to be a real presence and woulld be great to learn under Justin.
Joe the Jet would be exciting and a real asset.
Apr 23, 2012 at 6:21 PM
- elguapo
- Veteran
- Posts: 26,509
Good first 4 picks
Apr 23, 2012 at 6:27 PM
- WillistheWall
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,848
I like every single pick except Burfict. Good job though.
Apr 23, 2012 at 7:01 PM
- blm7754
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,785
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Originally posted by blm7754:
I don't like trading the 2nd rounder for more mid round picks. This draft is pretty deep at the WR, CB, and OG spots and I think its very likely that a 1st round talent at one of those spots will fall well into the 2nd round. If anything, we should trade our 3rd and/or 4th round picks to move up in the 2nd.
Unless we can trade up to the top of the 2nd where it is a "first round" talent we are landing, I believe that the real value of this draft lies in rounds 3-4 (hence the trade up). Having four picks in that range we can add 4 quality players at 4 different positions.
I don't see any 1st round wr/cb that could be had in the mid 2nd, that's THAT much better than a wr/cb that can be had in the 3rd/4th. Atleast not enough to justify giving up our 2nd and 3rd (and the opportunity cost of an additional 3rd and 4th).
To each his own.
Let me clarify... I actually REALLY like your 3rd and 4th round picks. Its impossible to know how things will fall. It may be that WRs and CBs go like hotcakes in the 1st round, in which case your plan would be the way to go. But I'm thinking some guys will fall, in which case I'd rather have that 2nd pick
Apr 23, 2012 at 8:29 PM
- fan49
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,293
if we were to get adams then im good with the fleener pick.