There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alshon Jeffery's Deceptive Speed

Originally posted by Mann716:
This is what scares me. The work ethic. Theres no way someone a strong work ethic looks like this. Then he suddenly looses all that weight right before the combine. Thats a red flag to me.

we took anthony davis that had the smae problem and did the exact same thing
I think he'll be a solid pro if he commits to the conditioning program. I think he just lazy after his stellar 2010 season.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
Can't coach speed

He has speed. He lacks burst off the snap.

at 216 not 230+
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Nick, you have to get your facts straight about this guy. He was over 230 lbs and at some point last year, they thought he was closer to 250 lbs. He was less productive this past year and had more problems separating from defensive backs. This year, he didn't work out at the Combine but showed up at 216 lbs. He worked out about a month later, lost 3 more lbs and ran in the 4.5's in the 40. The questions still remain. Which guy are you going to get? The highly productive sophomore game breaker or overweight, slower junior. To me, that eliminates him from the first round.

Capital one bowl MVP. Only played 2 1/2 quarters and had 4 rec for 150 and a TD against the blackshirts. Yeah, terrible performance...

One good game that he got thrown out of. 39 less catches and 800 less yards over the course of the year. Was that because of the system or did he get lazy? It's a legit concern.
He's deceptive, alright. The team that drafts him in the 1st round will have been completely deceived. If he was a more sudden WR with quick-twitch cuts with his change of direction, he'd be a can't miss prospect. Sadly, he can't even get separation with the whites from his colors when he does laundry.
I could have told you that. it makes perfect sense that a bigger body is slower off of the LOS. look at usain bolt (i know not football but go with it here) he is much slower off of the start compared to other smaller runners in the same class as him, yet he is still fastest in the world. because of his bigger stature/height it takes more weight for him to be in ideal running condition and takes him longer to get into full running pace from his starting point. it's the same with WR's. the bigger people tend to have a tougher time accelerating but can easily end up being just as fast as the desean jacksons and percy harvins of the nfl
  • kush
  • Veteran
Alshon Jeffery was never 240 or 250 pounds, He was at 230 or a little over. It's well documented the USC players hated those jerseys because they made everyone look fat. Lattimore and Ingram have bellies bulging too, why not question them?

It's clear after reading this thread who has seen him actually play and who just listens to lame ass draft gurus and follows the combine. Ignorance is bliss, sheep.
How do you put up 1500 yds in a season without separating from coverage? Doesn't really make sense does it.

Draft analysts base 40 time on one's ability to separate. They didnt exactly nail it with Boldin and Jerry Rice either. I'm sure there are handfuls of others too. Regardless, if timed speed was as important as most people think, the Raiders would have a room full of Lambardi trophies.
  • kush
  • Veteran
One good game that he got thrown out of. 39 less catches and 800 less yards over the course of the year. Was that because of the system or did he get lazy? It's a legit concern.

Can you name USCs starting QB for 2011? If you could and you knew what kind of player he is, you could answer your own question.
Nick, you have to get your facts straight about this guy. He was over 230 lbs and at some point last year, they thought he was closer to 250 lbs. He was less productive this past year and had more problems separating from defensive backs. This year, he didn't work out at the Combine but showed up at 216 lbs. He worked out about a month later, lost 3 more lbs and ran in the 4.5's in the 40. The questions still remain. Which guy are you going to get? The highly productive sophomore game breaker or overweight, slower junior. To me, that eliminates him from the first round.

Capital one bowl MVP. Only played 2 1/2 quarters and had 4 rec for 150 and a TD against the blackshirts. Yeah, terrible performance...

Well if you knew your facts you would know what happened with the QB situation and Lattimore getting injured. Jeffery was always a 230+ WR what happened last season was more because of Garcia and Shaw not getting the ball to any of the receivers than weight gain. Now hes in incredible shape runs a 4.4 4.5 at 6ft4 212 only proves the kids motivated to succeed. I kinda doubt hes there at 30 with the way he catches the ball. If he is I doubt we pass up a guy who is a mismatch and redzone threat. He just has to much natural ability and talent. Hes Brandon Marshall without the drama but has better hands imo.
Originally posted by strickac:
How do you put up 1500 yds in a season without separating from coverage? Doesn't really make sense does it.

Draft analysts base 40 time on one's ability to separate. They didnt exactly nail it with Boldin and Jerry Rice either. I'm sure there are handfuls of others too. Regardless, if timed speed was as important as most people think, the Raiders would have a room full of Lambardi trophies.

Very good post
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by strickac:

Very good post
see Crabtree
Originally posted by jreff22:
see Crabtree

big 12 vs SEC
What was his shuttle time?
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
What was his shuttle time?