There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trying to mock Trent Baalke's 2012 draft

At this time I have complete faith in Baalke and Harbaugh. I like Flea the Fleener myself not to high on Hill and Jefferies but whoever they pick I am on board with the pick.
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
At this time I have complete faith in Baalke and Harbaugh. I like Flea the Fleener myself not to high on Hill and Jefferies but whoever they pick I am on board with the pick.

Agree. It doesn't bother me that people believe that they know enough to judge players from around the country as arm chair GMs, but it does amaze me when some think they know more than GMs who have access to all the film on every prospect, let alone interviews with their previous coaches, etc...and even they blow it as often as not. When and if Baalke and Harbaugh start blowing it big time then criticism will be warranted but I still won't know more than they do.
If the only player we drafted this year was fleener I would happy. I would trade at least a 4th and possibly a 3rd to get fleener. We need impact players at this point and fleener is one of the few impact players in the draft.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by overthemiddle:

Agree. It doesn't bother me that people believe that they know enough to judge players from around the country as arm chair GMs, but it does amaze me when some think they know more than GMs who have access to all the film on every prospect, let alone interviews with their previous coaches, etc...and even they blow it as often as not. When and if Baalke and Harbaugh start blowing it big time then criticism will be warranted but I still won't know more than they do.
+1
Wow, you have a totally different view of our draft than I do -- but not that I totally disagree. And frankly, with Baalke and Harbaugh, I'm truely fine with whatever they do. But here is what I think they will TRY to do - and again, given Baalke's ability to surprise, I really won't be shocked by anything and will simply take their pick as a good indicator into where THEY think the team needs the most help.

Overall, I'd like to see the 49ers pick 30th and then move up to top of the 2nd to address their other needs.

1. IF Fleener drops to then, I would like this pick because I think his skills have more potential than any WR to help us quickly in 3rd down conversions and red zone. A Smith needs a safety valve that converts.

2. Since I doubt Fleener is there, I would like to see them get OG Zeitler because reports are he is nasty, which I think will pair well with ADavis and make our right side dominant.

3. As for a WR, I think everyone after Blackmon and Floyd are projects, and NO Kendal Wright -- I don't want another small receiver. IF they take him, I have to believe they think he is the next DJackson game breaker. I think all the others are a coin toss whether they will be successful NFL players or back-ups, which at WR we do not need more of.

4. After the above, I think the 49ers need to draft now to groom replacements / relievers for two KEY positions, Gore and Justin Smith. These guys give amazing effort, and my concern is that when they run out of gas, it will be quick due to the amount of wear they are taking. To that end, I would love to see the 49ers draft Turbin or Crick type players if at all possible.

5. I understand some people wanting another OLB opposite Aldon, but Brooks will be that guy and doubt we use a draft pick this year for that need. I see a late round safety much more likely. Then a rotational DL, although I think the coaches like Dobbs, Takufu (sp?), and Williams.
nvm.
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Apr 22, 2012 at 7:55 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
If we pick Alshon Jeffrey in the 1st I will stab somebody.
"Note to Self: Do not visit SanDiego49er on Thursday..."
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
If we pick Alshon Jeffrey in the 1st I will stab somebody.
"Note to Self: Do not visit SanDiego49er on Thursday..."

LOL!
I think the dream draft scenario for me would be the 49ers trading back and then landing this draft:

2) WR Sanu
2) OG Brandon Brooks
3) OLB Irvin
3) S Markelle Martin
4) NT Fangupo
5) CB Ron Brooks
6) RB Ganaway
7) DE Markus Kuhn

But, it's called "dream" for a reason.