There are 177 users in the forums

Trying to mock Trent Baalke's 2012 draft

I can't really judge WRs and how they will do in the NFL. I thought Crabtree would be great by now.

Whoever Baalke and Harbaugh want is fine with me after last years bonanza!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 22, 2012 at 2:01 PM ]
I think Balke will draft one of three player who ironically Harbaugh was agressively trying to recruit to Stanford.

Harrison Smith, Kevin Zietler or Coby Fleener.

If He Could do this shoot Im in on the pick
Alshon Jeffery is my draft crush. I'll be ecstatic if we draft him. Great hands(something we need) big body guy that runs great routes. AlshOn , manningham and moss I think are gonna be our starting lineup come opening day at green bay. I personally believe we are going to trade Crabtree. No evidence behind this. Just a
Hunch
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
If we pick Alshon Jeffrey in the 1st I will stab somebody.

I will help you hide the body.
Originally posted by Crimsom21:
I think Balke will draft one of three player who ironically Harbaugh was agressively trying to recruit to Stanford.

Harrison Smith, Kevin Zietler or Coby Fleener.

I absolutely love Smith and Fleener as Niners. I think Zeitler may end up being the best pro, and would not be surprised if we called his name.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
If we pick Alshon Jeffrey in the 1st I will stab somebody.

more like i'll go on a flat out shooting rampage

Don't be too surprised then if you got to get your alibis ready.
If Hill or Randle are there at 30 I think they'd draft one of them before Jeffrey. What's so exciting about this draft is watching what moves Baalke comes up with. I have faith in whatever he and Coach do. Haven't said that in about ten years.
If we pick Alshon Jeffrey in the 1st I will stab somebody in the eye.

fixed
I think alshon is a slower version of Crabtree. I would rather get hill or randle in 1st.

I can see AJ being the pick, and I would not be upset.

I would take him before hill, but Randle is a similar physical WR Baalke would take first.

Wright is off the boards.

AJ is a very good fit for the 49ers. Rest of the draft looks nice.
Can we trade up to land Nick Perry if he falls to 45 or 50?
Sign me up!!!!
Originally posted by jreff22:
Been high on Hilton for months...would love to see him replace Williams/Ginn

I know the team talks highly of Williams, but deep down I think they'll be looking for another guy to compete with him. Hilton could be a great complimentary player. He has the speed to break big plays and he can contribute early on STs. He reminds me of Emmanual Sanders (Steelers) as guy that you have to get on the field because he's such an asset with the ball in his hands.

I could see him going in the 3rd. Speed is becoming such a priority at WR and he adds value early as a returner. He's a more natural receiver than Eddie Royal was coming out. He just hasn't had the big offseason that others had. He could see the field early as a #3 or a slot guy.

My only hesitation is that we're probably going to draft a WR early to essentially replace Moss after a year. Of course that guy will have to beat out Mario next year, but that would be the hope. We're going to be heavy at WR this season if we draft two WRs early, which means one of the rookies would be competing for Williams for the 5th spot. Swain can go away, but Williams would probably get cut. He won't last on the practice squad. For that reason, I could see The team bringing in Chris Owusu in the 6th or 7th and letting him compete. If he can't upseat Willaims, he'll probably stick on the practice squad for depth a year from now. Owusu's concussions would probably deter other teams and would give him time to fully heal. That's if Owusu is even drafted. He'd be a nice UDFA as well.

Only 4 more days! Getting exited to see who we'll be rolling with this year.
[ Edited by strickac on Apr 22, 2012 at 8:40 AM ]
Alshon Jeffrey? Too many questions to be a first round pick. Like Cam Johnson and TY Hilton picks. Would rather get Gadkowski or Anzevino at C than Brewster.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Apr 22, 2012 at 8:56 AM ]
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I can see AJ being the pick, and I would not be upset.

I would take him before hill, but Randle is a similar physical WR Baalke would take first.

Wright is off the boards.

AJ is a very good fit for the 49ers. Rest of the draft looks nice.
Can we trade up to land Nick Perry if he falls to 45 or 50?

I can see a second round trade up if it wont mortgage too many of our picks. But also grading the whole class this year, I think Baalke sees most of the value in the top half, and wants to have as many early picks as he can.

Nick Perry could be a steal if he drops to 61. I like the value.
Share 49ersWebzone