There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Idaho's Final Mock

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Ok here it is. My final Mock Draft. Taking into consideration all offseason moves thus far.

1. Coby Fleener - Stanford - TE
2. Alshon Jefferey - South Carolina - WR
3. Ben Jones - Georgia - C/G
4. Antonio Allen - South Carolina - S
5. Justin Bethel - Presbyterian - S
6. Elvis Akpla - Montana St. - WR
7. Louis Nzegwu - Wisconsin - DE/OLB

Please Discuss.

I would go nuts if the Niners took Nzegwu. I coached him in NFL flag football when he was elementary school.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Ok here it is. My final Mock Draft. Taking into consideration all offseason moves thus far.

Please Discuss.

I would go nuts if the Niners took Nzegwu. I coached him in NFL flag football when he was elementary school.

I think he would be a great kid to develop.
Originally posted by niners9:
Not a fan of the fleener pick, but I like the rest. Not sure if we have enough room for 2 more WRs though.

I don't think anyone has a position locked at WR this year, especially after last season. The WR's this year are gonna have to earn their spots. Whoever makes the roster, makes the roster, put one or two on the practice squad, and who ever doesnt make the cut good ridance.

I would personally bring in as many WR as i could including a couple UDFA.

Yeah, but I'm not sure a 6th round WR can beat out crabs, moss, manningham, Williams, ginn or a 2nd round pick. I'd rather at depth to OLB.
Not a fan of the fleener pick, but I like the rest. Not sure if we have enough room for 2 more WRs though.

I don't think anyone has a position locked at WR this year, especially after last season. The WR's this year are gonna have to earn their spots. Whoever makes the roster, makes the roster, put one or two on the practice squad, and who ever doesnt make the cut good ridance.

I would personally bring in as many WR as i could including a couple UDFA.

Yeah, but I'm not sure a 6th round WR can beat out crabs, moss, manningham, Williams, ginn or a 2nd round pick. I'd rather at depth to OLB.

Ill admit, Akpla is my draft darling, so it is a bit of a luxury pick, However i think Akpla has the potential to be one of the best WR's in the draft.

I think our OLB core is solid, and think Nzegwu would be a great developmental player. I dont think we need to add two OLB this year. Brooks and Aldon have the starting spots on lock, and Haralson is a good, underrated backup.
Fleener - love it
Jeffery - don't like him at all; would rather have Sanu
Don't need two safetys in this draft
Could use a defensive lineman instead
Adding Fleener would give us size, speed and hands - good move. I feel we will move up to get him. The only receiver we have that is special is VD.

So, I don't mind 2 WR in draft. Just not your two. Alshon will be gone unless we move up. Better shot at Quick.

I'd rather try to get Ryan Broyles in the 4th instead of Akpla in the 5th
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Sorry no. Its final for a reason!
ok, well lifes a b***h and then you die
LOL
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Fleener - love it
Jeffery - don't like him at all; would rather have Sanu
Don't need two safetys in this draft
Could use a defensive lineman instead

Disagree. I think the safety position is the thinest position on the defense. If either whitner or Goldson go down for an extended period of time we are screwed. We only have three safetys under contract to my knowledge
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Adding Fleener would give us size, speed and hands - good move. I feel we will move up to get him. The only receiver we have that is special is VD.

So, I don't mind 2 WR in draft. Just not your two. Alshon will be gone unless we move up. Better shot at Quick.

I'd rather try to get Ryan Broyles in the 4th instead of Akpla in the 5th

I personally like Jefferey and feel he could be the most underrated WR in this draft. I know alot of people think he is fat and lazy, i disagree.

Akpla is my Draft Darling. I think he has the potential to be a Hines ward type player in the right offense.

Please Discuss.

Not a fan of this draft. First of all the team does not need to draft 2 WRS. The 6th round pick would be a complete waste. Moss, Manningham, Crabtree, Williams, Ginn, ... the team isnt going to keep 7 WRS.

Fleener would be a nice addition but TE is a luxury and not a huge need. A true OG like Zeitler would be perfect for the Niners at #30.

I also dont like the fact that you took 2 safetys and didnt even try to address the teams need for depth on the DL with a 3-4 DE.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Please Discuss.

Not a fan of this draft. First of all the team does not need to draft 2 WRS. The 6th round pick would be a complete waste. Moss, Manningham, Crabtree, Williams, Ginn, ... the team isnt going to keep 7 WRS.

Fleener would be a nice addition but TE is a luxury and not a huge need. A true OG like Zeitler would be perfect for the Niners at #30.

I also dont like the fact that you took 2 safetys and didnt even try to address the teams need for depth on the DL with a 3-4 DE.

To address the Oline...I think Kilgore starts regardless. Ben Jones would be a great addition.

I dont think any WR on the roster is a lock going into next season. Ginn will not see playing time at WR, and he, along with maybe manningham are the only WR's i see as locks going into week one.

I Like the backups on the Dline. The starters are very durable

We only have one backup safety on the roster.

Please Discuss.

To address the Oline...I think Kilgore starts regardless. Ben Jones would be a great addition.

I dont think any WR on the roster is a lock going into next season. Ginn will not see playing time at WR, and he, along with maybe manningham are the only WR's i see as locks going into week one.

Oh really? Crabtree isnt a lock to make the team? I would say that Ginn will get time at WR but either way its a roster spot and the Niners wont carry more than 5. They wont be drafting 2 WRS. Kilgore would certainly NOT be a lock to start over someone like Zeitler. Hell, he couldnt even get on the field ahead of Chilo.

Please Discuss.

Oh really? Crabtree isnt a lock to make the team? I would say that Ginn will get time at WR but either way its a roster spot and the Niners wont carry more than 5. They wont be drafting 2 WRS. Kilgore would certainly NOT be a lock to start over someone like Zeitler. Hell, he couldnt even get on the field ahead of Chilo.

Crabtree is far from a lock. I agree if we spent a first round on a Guard that teh 1st rounder would have a chance to start, but i still think Kilgore would have the edge. Its not an easy offense for olineman to master.

Have you forgotten how thin our WR core got last year? If moss fizzles out, or manningham gets injured we are back to square one all over again. I fully expect atleast two more WR's to be brought in for camp.
for comparison this was my first draft posted before the combine.

Draft:
1- Coby Fleener TE Stanford
2- Alshon Jefferey WR South Carolina
3- Amini Silatolu OG Midwestern State
4- Mike Brewster, C, Ohio State
4- Omar Bolden CB ASU
5- Jack Crawford OLB Penn State
6- Elvis Akpla WR Montana State
7- Janzen Jackson FS McNeese State

With the rise of Silatolu, i was forced to adjust. I would not spend a first on silatolu. I like Jones beter than Brewster. Didnt expect rogers to return, since he is back i would not draft a CB.

Please Discuss.

Crabtree is far from a lock. I agree if we spent a first round on a Guard that teh 1st rounder would have a chance to start, but i still think Kilgore would have the edge. Its not an easy offense for olineman to master.

Have you forgotten how thin our WR core got last year? If moss fizzles out, or manningham gets injured we are back to square one all over again. I fully expect atleast two more WR's to be brought in for camp.

Sure they will bring in undrafted players to camp. That happens all the time. I just dont believe that they will draft 2. As for Crabtree, I couldnt disagree more. He will be on the team. He may not be a great #1 WR but until the playoffs he was producing and is a solid #2 guy.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home