There are 176 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Idaho's Final Mock

Ok here it is. My final Mock Draft. Taking into consideration all offseason moves thus far.

1. Coby Fleener - Stanford - TE

2. Alshon Jefferey - South Carolina - WR

3. Ben Jones - Georgia - C/G

4. Antonio Allen - South Carolina - S

5. Justin Bethel - Presbyterian - S

6. Elvis Akpla - Montana St. - WR

7. Louis Nzegwu - Wisconsin - DE/OLB

Please Discuss.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 20, 2012 at 3:33 PM ]
Jefferey in round two would be amazing. I also would take Sanu if he is available as well.

I am not a big proponent of Fleener, but that is clearly just my opinion.

I like Jones and Akpla a lot.

One criticism I have is that we need DT depth. Preferably in the first 5 rounds.
Fleener yes. No on rest. Won't get Fleener anyway because he is going before we pick. LOL.
I like it but I'd get rid of the 6th rd WR and draft a d-lineman.
I think Jefferey could very well be a possibility in the second, depending on how many actually have jumped him on team Boards. May need to spend a future pick to move up a few picks and nab him, but would still be great value.

Im actually ok with our DT depth. We have been lucky to not have any major injury's to the dline, but thats because we have some very durable dlineman. I think Dobbs will continue to get beter, and i like Ricky Jean, and Ian williams. I would bring in a couple bodies into camp and see if one sticks, but TBH i think we have more pressing needs.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 19, 2012 at 5:43 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Fleener yes. No on rest. Won't get Fleener anyway because he is going before we pick. LOL.

No on rest? Care to explain your dislike of any of the pics? or would you just trade the entire draft for Fleener?
Originally posted by miked1978:

Ill admit, Akpla is my draft darling. But i think a late round WR would be a beter pick than a late round Dlineman. I like the depth we have there, and i doubt any dlineman drafted that late makes the squad.
Not a fan of the fleener pick, but I like the rest. Not sure if we have enough room for 2 more WRs though.
Originally posted by niners9:
Not a fan of the fleener pick, but I like the rest. Not sure if we have enough room for 2 more WRs though.

I don't think anyone has a position locked at WR this year, especially after last season. The WR's this year are gonna have to earn their spots. Whoever makes the roster, makes the roster, put one or two on the practice squad, and who ever doesnt make the cut good ridance.

I would personally bring in as many WR as i could including a couple UDFA.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
No on rest? Care to explain your dislike of any of the pics? or would you just trade the entire draft for Fleener?
do you think you could please swap your number three person into the number two spot and put marvin mcnutt in the three spot for us? please?
  • sfout
  • Veteran

No, have to disagree here. The entire reason people say we need a DL in this draft is because the only backup who was drafted was RJF who was drafted 244th overall in the 7th round, Dobbs was undraft, Tukuafu was undrafted, Williams was undrafted. If we draft a DL this year it'll be before the 3rd round, players like Jared Crick, Derek Wolfe, Billy Wynn, players like that. Investing another day 3 pick or signing another UDFA just to cut one a UDFA who has already proven himself to the FO would be pointless.
Originally posted by sfout:

No, have to disagree here. The entire reason people say we need a DL in this draft is because the only backup who was drafted was RJF who was drafted 244th overall in the 7th round, Dobbs was undraft, Tukuafu was undrafted, Williams was undrafted. If we draft a DL this year it'll be before the 3rd round, players like Jared Crick, Derek Wolfe, Billy Wynn, players like that. Investing another day 3 pick or signing another UDFA just to cut one a UDFA who has already proven himself to the FO would be pointless.

I agree with this. If i were to take a dlineman i would take one early, otherwise i just dont see them making the roster, or being the best value.
Originally posted by cciowa:
do you think you could please swap your number three person into the number two spot and put marvin mcnutt in the three spot for us? please?

Sorry no. Its final for a reason!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
ok, well lifes a b***h and then you die
Originally posted by cciowa:
ok, well lifes a b***h and then you die

But Fleener will be gone already so nothing matters anyways right?