4) Worthy
5) Jones
6) Konz
7) Zeitler
8) Stil
9) Kirkpatrick
10) Jeffery

Tell me why hill is worth the risk

Because at 30, all of the polished receivers have been taken and I'm hoping Hill can follow in the Georgia Tech WR tradition. Plus, with the amount of talent currently on the roster, he wouldn't get thrown out there right away anyway. Fleener would be a more useful talent this year, but I think Hill could develop into a potent #1 down the road.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Gilmore 7th?

Yeah; I don't see the need for a 4th CB to be that great. I won't be upset if we take one (I see the appeal of having a day 1 starter being able to cover a #1 and moving Rogers to the slot on 3-WR sets), especially since Rogers is 31 and will likely decline by the end of his contract, so at some point in the next three drafts we should get a CB high, and it might be here. But depending who is on the board, I'd rather someone who can make an immediate impact, preferably on the offense; otherwise, I'd rather get depth on the D-line, which I view as more important than the secondary.
This is assuming we dont trade up or nothing absolutely insane happens like Decastro is there.....

1. Fleener
2. Glenn ( kind of a long shot, but Ill put him on here )
3. Zeitler
4. Konz
5. Randle
6. Jeffery
7. Hill
8. Doug Martin
9. Wright
10 . Harrison Smith
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
1) Zeitler - He would start from Day 1 and the most glaring weakness for this team
2) Hill - special talent and would be the Niners true down the field threat after Moss is gone
3) Konz - if we cant get Zeitler then Konz would be a nice prize. Interior line needs work
4) Fleener - really like him but TE is a bit of a luxury
5) Jenkins - yes a potential headcase but the upside is huge
6) Randle - like his upside a lot too

Gilmore will not fall that far nor will Kirpatrick. Forget Upshaw. He simply isnt a 3-4 DE and that is more important to the Niners than an OLB

Zeitler is impressive, but there is a ton of OG value in rounds 2 and 3.

Hill is a crapshoot. With his talent, he'd be a top 5 pick if he were a sure thing.

Zeitler fills an immediate need and starts immediately. The only other guy on your list that would be an immediate starter would be Gilmore and he will be long gone. The Niners pick at the end of the 2nd round so a lot of those really good OGs will be gone. In my opinion OG needs to be addressed immediately.
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
This is assuming we dont trade up or nothing absolutely insane happens like Decastro is there.....

1. Fleener
2. Glenn ( kind of a long shot, but Ill put him on here )
3. Zeitler
4. Konz
5. Randle
6. Jeffery
7. Hill
8. Doug Martin
9. Wright
10 . Harrison Smith

take out doug martin and harrison smith from that list completely and mine is identical to yours
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blm7754:
I'll be happy as long as it is someone who can help us convert 3rd downs and in the red-zone.

1) Fleener - we'd probably have to trade up to get him. I see him going in the 20-25 range.

2) Randle - he could also go higher. I think he's the 3rd best WR in the draft. Could go around 25. I hope he falls and some idiot GM drafts Stephen Hill instead.

I'm not high on Hill because he is a one trick pony with good measurables. We already have a receiver that can run go routes and nothing else (Ted Ginn). We need help now... Hill is a project with high bust potential.

and whats his one trick, is it huge vert, fastest reciever in the draft, phenomenal blocker, good hands, can make crazy catches, or just that hes big?
[ Edited by fan49 on Apr 21, 2012 at 11:47 PM ]
Originally posted by toeshawn:
I dont know what I want!

Well then, you're fired!
Share 49ersWebzone