LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

Potential Trade Partners

• teeohh
  • Veteran
I would appreciate any speculation of potential trade partners that would want to trade with the 49ers.

By this I mean teams that would trade back into the first, like the Lions did for Jahvid Best.

Or teams that would want to trade down.

Some of you have an understanding of other teams needs and what players they may want at 30.
The team i most likely think we would trade up with is the Broncos. Sine the Baalkster has been GM we have traded picks with the Broncos the last couple of drafts. Also the Broncos pick is right before the Texans which is another WR needy team.
I think the Patriots are a team we could trade with in the first and second round
Maybe Chiefs. They could trade their 2nd + another so they could move up to get Weeden.
The 49ers already have received calls from other teams willing to swap picks. Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/04/19/4425576/49ers-gm-goes-with-his-gut-in.html#storylink=cpy
Well unless we have inside info and know other teams draft boards then everything is pure guessing. Knowing a teams needs isn't really enough information. Need to know how they have players ranked to tell if they would trade up for a guy that they fi9ll has slipped. we can say so and so team needs to trade up to get a quarterback but what if that teams has the qb on the board rated as a 3rd rounder.
I think its a giving that any team that is picking within the first 10-15 picks are wanting to be trade partners. They see a prospect that they really want to go jump back in the 1st round and get by the team they hit 2nd round (where most of these teams are already in need of highly talented players) that they have been eye balling.
I think Tennessee at #20 is an option. Their #1 priority may be center, so of they traded back to #30 and landed Konz they would ne very happy.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I think Tennessee at #20 is an option. Their #1 priority may be center, so of they traded back to #30 and landed Konz they would ne very happy.

i thought they would be going CB with the loss of finnegan

if we trade up i really hope its for decastro or floyd

i know this is very unpopular from what ive seen on the board but wright as well
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Bump

• sfout
  • Veteran
The Jaguars want Stephen Hill, they've openly stated they want to move back but I know they'll "happily" settle for Michael Floyd lol.
Originally posted by sfout:
The Jaguars want Stephen Hill, they've openly stated they want to move back but I know they'll "happily" settle for Michael Floyd lol.

There gm is really against character concern players his dui might be a problem
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

There gm is really against character concern players his dui might be a problem

probably why they've sucked since Jimmy Smith retired, you have to take a chance once in awhile.
probably why they've sucked since Jimmy Smith retired, you have to take a chance once in awhile.

well if they like stephen hill so much i dont think they will "ake a chance" on floyd

anyways i hope they do take hill and let floyd drop so we can trade up for him
If anything, I actually believe there could be quite a bit of jockying in the mid-20's range this year. With that in mind, it could get interesting depending on which WR's and which O-lineman are available. I suspect a team like San Francisco, for instance, might be interested in jumping ahead of Baltimore to have their first choice at interior lineman available. San Francisco might also be wanting to jump ahead of Denver for a certain TE or Houston if they have a specific WR.

All speculation, of course.

Share 49ersWebzone