There are 45 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MadDog's Big 253 Board- April 18th Edition

Wow this guy Jenkins is good.

I like the way he mirrors the WR and breaks on the ball. He has an eye on the QB while shawoding the WR. Very nice.

Also, he has that speed. He looks like a slot cover guy in our nickle package. If we can get him and coach em up, he could start sooner or later.

He does lack size though.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I had CK graded as the 5th best QB in the draft after Gabbert, Dalton, Newton, Locker. Elongated release, lack of consistent accuracy, rough Senior Bowl week, spread offense, lot of variables to overcome.To me, he was late 3rd round value.

That's a fair explanation. Thanks. I think it's definitely too early to write the guy off, especially if Harbaugh vouched for him, and he will be coaching him.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Wow this guy Jenkins is good.

I like the way he mirrors the WR and breaks on the ball. He has an eye on the QB while shawoding the WR. Very nice.

Also, he has that speed. He looks like a slot cover guy in our nickle package. If we can get him and coach em up, he could start sooner or later.

He does lack size though.


Yeah, imagine him on the same defense as Aldon and PWilly for the next 10 years. f**king crazy
My friend Josh Kaddu moved up i see! Man im so excited for him..
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Yeah, imagine him on the same defense as Aldon and PWilly for the next 10 years. f**king crazy

If Jenkins plays to his physical potential, Aldon and PWilly will get more coverage sacks.

Jenkins could make an immediate impact, especially on 3 receiver sets. That's what you want from your first round selection.
Originally posted by sean610:
MD how do you feel about kirpatrick? Any corner who has a 7.2 3 cone I think will have trouble sticking anybody in this league. If you have a 7.2 cone drill time you better run a 4.3. And with a time of 4.5 in the 40 I think he will struggle to stay in the NFL after a few years.

Not high on Kirkpatrick as an early pick and think he will have shift to FS in about two years. Don't think he has the ability to change directions and run with elite WRs at the next level effectively. I have an early 3rd round grade on him.

The Cone time, which to me is as significant or more significant than the forty is flat out slow a 7.20, matching another guy that will have to shift to FS, Trumaine Johnson
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
Hill looked good at the combine, but would Baalke go and get him? I'm not sure. Does he have enough production in college and his lack of route running would seem to be against their philosophy in the first round. Also there are a few guys who can be had later with similar eye popping numbers like Streeter.

Fleener to me is the best fit for the Niners for what they like to do with TE's, being familiar in the offense. He's a guy who is like a WR but you can't guard the guy with Vernon and other weapons.

But if Fleener isn't there, they may go line. If you are getting the second best guard in the draft at the 30 spot that's nice. Zeitler or Silatolu would be good picks for the team. They are both NASTY PHYSICAL players.

If there is anyway to trade back in the second about 5 picks, and trade up in the 2nd to the 40's that would be ideal for this draft. So many great players in the 2nd cut (33-55).

CANT WAIT FOR THE DRAFT!!!!!
Originally posted by Zachary:
My friend Josh Kaddu moved up i see! Man im so excited for him..

Still holding him back a bit because he had not been healthy enough to run his 40, and I think that hurts his potential to be a top 100 pick. Don't think he will be able to run before the draft
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,947
Hearing some bad info on Wright, which could just be gamesmanship. Supposedly he has a 3rd to 5th round grade on most teams draft boards. The term "overrated" and "fat" was used to describe him referencing the poor workouts and the kind of shape he's in right now.
yo dog you gonna post a list of guys at each position who fit us?

good job by the way
Hey MD...

Out of all the DTs you listed from 41-53, who do you think best fits the Niner's scheme and who has the most "upside" (please forgive the overused term). I know you like Reyes quite a bit and am wondering if he is a possibility at pick 30...

Thanks for all of your great work...

Cheers!
What do you guys think about Cossell's mock?

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/04/23/cosell-talks-mock-draft/
Originally posted by Joecool:
What do you guys think about Cossell's mock?

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/04/23/cosell-talks-mock-draft/

Costello throws himself out there with some provocative thoughts. Never boring. I tend to agree with about half of his analysis. Ask me about a player or team and I will let you know my thoughts. Mike Adams at 23? Crazy stuff.
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Hey MD...

Out of all the DTs you listed from 41-53, who do you think best fits the Niner's scheme and who has the most "upside" (please forgive the overused term). I know you like Reyes quite a bit and am wondering if he is a possibility at pick 30...

Thanks for all of your great work...

Cheers!

I love Brandon Thompson as our future NT. he would allow Soap to also play some end in a four man rotation. Greatly undervalued. Reyes is a good player, but I think will be overdrafted.
Originally posted by jreff22:
yo dog you gonna post a list of guys at each position who fit us?

good job by the way

Give me a position and I will list it. Preview at WR:
1. Blackmon
2. Hill
3. Sanu
4. Floyd
5. Quick
6. Jones
7. Jenkins
8. Randle
9. K. Wright
10. J. Wright

I will also be posting a final 49ers best available board later tonight.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by jreff22:
yo dog you gonna post a list of guys at each position who fit us?

good job by the way

Give me a position and I will list it. Preview at WR:
1. Blackmon
2. Hill
3. Sanu
4. Floyd
5. Quick
6. Jones
7. Jenkins
8. Randle
9. K. Wright
10. J. Wright

I will also be posting a final 49ers best available board later tonight.

Wow, you really think Hill and Sanu are better prospects than Floyd?? Is your ranking based on the quality of player as they are right now, or are you ranking them based on there potential to succeed in the NFL?

No Jeffery either... interesting.