LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

MadDog's Big 253 Board- April 18th Edition

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
What do you guys think about Cossell's mock?

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/04/23/cosell-talks-mock-draft/

Costello throws himself out there with some provocative thoughts. Never boring. I tend to agree with about half of his analysis. Ask me about a player or team and I will let you know my thoughts. Mike Adams at 23? Crazy stuff.

I wonder if this was a 23 before he got popped for testing positvie for marijuana during the combine. Now if this is his first strike since the test was sanctioned during the NFL combine and pre announced. The next time he is popped (if he is) automatic 4 game suspension, then next time (if he is) one year suspension.

That being said, if Mike Adams was there at the niners 61st pick (because of pot issue) and the did not draft OL in round 1, and he was BPA I would draft him
Originally posted by blm7754:
Wow, you really think Hill and Sanu are better prospects than Floyd?? Is your ranking based on the quality of player as they are right now, or are you ranking them based on there potential to succeed in the NFL?

No Jeffery either... interesting.

Don't believe in the Jeffery. 5th round grade for him.

As for Hill, the off the charts speed measurables,, great height and vertical, and upside which is far greater than any receiver in the draft makes him someone I feel could be a Pro Bowl receiver in a few years. Terrific Pro Day workout/route running alleviated a lot of fears that he is only a 9 route WR.

Sanu is the toughest, meanest, feistiness WR in the draft. I see a combination of Dwayne Bowe and Hines Ward in him. Will outwork anyone, and has zero character concerns. A lot of teams are going to be angry they had him graded a second round pick.

I like Floyd, but feel the other guys will have better careers.
Originally posted by 9erred:
I wonder if this was a 23 before he got popped for testing positvie for marijuana during the combine. Now if this is his first strike since the test was sanctioned during the NFL combine and pre announced. The next time he is popped (if he is) automatic 4 game suspension, then next time (if he is) one year suspension.

That being said, if Mike Adams was there at the niners 61st pick (because of pot issue) and the did not draft OL in round 1, and he was BPA I would draft him

I have him with a third round grade, so even if he is there at 61, I believe my board would have other guys before him. I just don't have much confidence in him, and would rather spend the pick on a more reliable prospect such as Mitchell Schwartz.
Share 49ersWebzone