There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

JReff22 Mock v.2

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
So I guess Dixon will be cut then too?

I bet that comes down to the last day.If dixon uses the jacobsen signing as a kick in his ass maybe not. on a side note, i am dumb about college football but do you not think we need to take a safety fairly high in the draft?seems that is our only real big need on defense
Nice. I still think we grab a RG somewhere.
Originally posted by sfout:
Very very nice. I dont see us cutting Haralson though, wouldn't be surprised by it but bringing in 2 rookies at OLB would be one hell of a hassle.

Just to comment on the "optional mock" - I've seen Dwight Jones just plummet to the middle of day 2 in most mocks lately, somewhere in the 3rd or 4th round range. Then the Zeitler pick in the 3rd is strange because I've seen people giving him a top 40 grade lately. Understandably anything can happen and same with the Harrison Smith pick getting more top 40-45 buzz. Other than that I like it

The other mock was my first one I ran months ago...I was just showing how the picks have changed
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I like it. I doubt Hill will be there when we pick so Id replace him with Randle. I love Bruce Irvin in the second so I wouldnt change that. The only thing Id change would maybe be Massaquoi with a running back or guard.

Jones can play OG and he could take Goodwins spot and slide him over to OG

We are stacked at RB, before Jacobs I would say yes....now not so much
I dont think Stephen Hill is frist round talent. I dont care what he did at the combine. He has a huge upside and a huge downside. Hard to figure this guy and I would sure hate to come up short on a WR.
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
So I guess Dixon will be cut then too?

yes

shouldn't be a surprise now
couple things, love the mock, I dont think Hill would be ahead of Manningham on the Depth Chart, and replace Kyle Williams with Cartwright, I rather keep Cartwright, he has more to bring. Special Teams ace and plays RB.

It's nice to not have to worry about getting a starter in the draft, we pretty much have all 22 starters on the roster right now.

If your roster were right, I would deactivate the following.

Ben Jones
Mike Person
Hardin
Dobbs
Fangupo
Kaep
Williams (would be Hill if we keep Cartwright)

I would strongly consider keeping Kaep active over a LB in case we use Josh Johnson at times on wildcat in case of emergency.
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
I dont think Stephen Hill is frist round talent. I dont care what he did at the combine. He has a huge upside and a huge downside. Hard to figure this guy and I would sure hate to come up short on a WR.

And I agree with you BUT being in the back puts us in a awkward position. We will have to reach a bit for some picks because the talent at the next pick will be a lot different. I have Hill being a right 2nd rounder...so we reach a little and take him at 30.

My ideal situation involves a trade back and getting Hill around 36ish
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Two ROOKIES beat out P. Haralson for a spot on the team. Either, those are two very good rookies or you're underestimating P. Haralson's skills. Don't get me wrong, I not sayin P. Haralson is the $h!t, but he plays the run well & gets pressure. He may not get the sack, but he's busting his @$$ trying. I agree wit the earlier posting, no OLB in the 2nd, we need a S. Either another reggie smith type or a future starter in case D. Goldston(or both) bails for more money. H3// switch both OLB'ers wit S's & keep Haralson, unless those 2 OLB'ers are as good as you think. I don't know how good those college players are buut if drafted I'll find out as the season goes on. Go niners! In 2012, all the way to the SB.

Parys will be a cap cut, it will come down to the wire but I think he gets released.

This years FS/SS class is pretty weak...if a guy like Harrison falls I would jump at him but I don't think it happens. Next years class is much better all around and again we would be looking for a depth pick.

Irvin has the ability to start, situationally start at first but the kid is nasty. I do think he could beat out Parys for the #3 spot and be in the rotation. At that point Parys is expendable and bringing in a cheaper option is ok by me.
This draft is gonna b just like last year. Harbaalke is gonna suprise people by moving up to grab M. Floyd bcause I believe we r so flexible this year, we have all out bases covered yes even guard so our 1st pick is gonna b a monster of a move. ps. (m. barron is not out of ?)
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
This draft is gonna b just like last year. Harbaalke is gonna suprise people by moving up to grab M. Floyd bcause I believe we r so flexible this year, we have all out bases covered yes even guard so our 1st pick is gonna b a monster of a move. ps. (m. barron is not out of ?)

moving into the top 10 would eat the whole draft
Originally posted by Rgonelove:

they didnt surprise many

we knew they were going after a pass rusher they just "reached" for a guy that was supposed to go 5 spots later

i see them going after WR early because those are the players we are working out
also expect us to take a G in round 2 or 3
then take RB later (not really a fan of but maybe this wont happen with the latest signing of jacobs)
The Niners need to try and make a run now. To make a run now, you would not cut last years starting OLB, put in rookies as back ups, and have zero depth behind the two starting guards. I do like the draft, but if you swap out pick 2 for a OG, and keep Haralson, you are good to go.
Originally posted by 9erred:
The Niners need to try and make a run now. To make a run now, you would not cut last years starting OLB, put in rookies as back ups, and have zero depth behind the two starting guards. I do like the draft, but if you swap out pick 2 for a OG, and keep Haralson, you are good to go.

Jones could play OG

and last years original starter was replaced by Aldon. Irvin I think will be a better player then Parys and offer more in a rotation. If Parys falls to the fourth OLB we can cut him and save money.... 2012: $2.45 million, 2013: $2.57 million, 2014: Free Agent
I'd say the need is greater for an OG over a C. Kilgore could end up being the RG, but if you can draft a stud, why not. Why 2 OLB's? With Haralson in his final contract year, any more than one seems too much. I'll piggy back on the calls for a RB. Now's the time to pick Gore's eventual replacement...he's wearing down, so draft a stud this year, let him learn the offense with limited PT his first year, then take over in his 2nd. For that, Doug Martin's the guy...best all-around RB in this draft and he returns kicks. If not Martin, then take Turbin.