Height / Weight:6-3 / 217
School:Oregon State

6. Hebron Fangupo-NT
Height / Weight:6-1 / 323
School: BYU

7. Akiem Hicks-DE
Height / Weight:6-5 / 318
School:Regina

Original mock posted 1/20/12. Obviously by first look it involved a trade back scenario, for this I ran a standard mock.
2. Dwight Jones, WR 6'4, 225 4.53
2. Bruce Irvin, OLB 6'2, 245 4.54
3. Kevin Zeitler, OG 6'4, 318 5.26
3. TY Hilton, WR 5'10, 184 4.48
4. Harrison Smith, SS 6'2, 215 4.55
5. Micah Pellerin, CB 6'0,195 4.49
6. Evan Rodriguez, FB-TE-H Back 6'1, 242 4.67
7. Brandon Hardin, FS 6'3, 222 4.52

Depth Chart
QB- Smith, Johnson, Kaepernick
RB- Gore, Hunter, Jacobs
FB- Miller
WR- Crabtree, Moss, Hill*, Manningham, Williams, Ginn
TE- Davis, Walker, Byham
OG- Iupati, Kilgore
OT- Staley, Davis, Boone, Person
C- Goodwin, Jones*
DE- Smith, McDonald, Dobbs, (Hicks* Practice Squad)
DT- Sopoaga, Jean Francois, Fangupo*, Tukuafu
ILB- Willis, Bowman, Grant, Gooden
OLB- Brooks, Smith, Irvin*, Massaquoi*
CB- Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Cox, Brock
FS- Goldson, Jones, Hardin*
SS- Whitner, Spillman
ST- Akers, Lee, Jennings

Surprise cuts - Parys Haralson and Rock Cartwright
I can live with that draft. But OG is not addressed really.
2 OLBs with one of them being in the 2nd??? i agree that we need an OLB for depth but not as early as the 2nd round. Haralson is a pretty solid OLB for stuffing the run and can be a quality starter replacement if brooks or smith get injured.

So id say switch out Irvin for a good DE and id rate your mock an A+
  • bors
  • Veteran
nice...lil heavy on the defense....but that is our specialty
Love the mock. If I were to change anything, it'd be to grab a RB somewhere. I don't like Brandon Jacobs and think we need another #3. With all the RB visits the FO has had, to me it looks like they want to grab a RB somewhere in the draft too. But great overall draft.
very nice, you address all of our needs
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Very very nice. I dont see us cutting Haralson though, wouldn't be surprised by it but bringing in 2 rookies at OLB would be one hell of a hassle.

Just to comment on the "optional mock" - I've seen Dwight Jones just plummet to the middle of day 2 in most mocks lately, somewhere in the 3rd or 4th round range. Then the Zeitler pick in the 3rd is strange because I've seen people giving him a top 40 grade lately. Understandably anything can happen and same with the Harrison Smith pick getting more top 40-45 buzz. Other than that I like it
Two ROOKIES beat out P. Haralson for a spot on the team. Either, those are two very good rookies or you're underestimating P. Haralson's skills. Don't get me wrong, I not sayin P. Haralson is the $h!t, but he plays the run well & gets pressure. He may not get the sack, but he's busting his @$$ trying. I agree wit the earlier posting, no OLB in the 2nd, we need a S. Either another reggie smith type or a future starter in case D. Goldston(or both) bails for more money. H3// switch both OLB'ers wit S's & keep Haralson, unless those 2 OLB'ers are as good as you think. I don't know how good those college players are buut if drafted I'll find out as the season goes on. Go niners! In 2012, all the way to the SB.
Not crazy about Hill in the 1st since we kept Ginn. Hill is tall and fast but cant catch for s**t outside the occasional circus catch. If we wanted big and fast we should be targeting Streeter who has better hands and can run all the routes. I like the Irvin and Jones picks both of those really make up for the Hill pick. You did a great job and this is the best mock ive seen so far. Doubling up on OLBs and getting a FS and NT pretty much fills our important needs imo. Real nice job dude.
There's no way we're not drafting a guard with one of our first two picks.

I can live with this draft. Good job man.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Not crazy about Hill in the 1st since we kept Ginn. Hill is tall and fast but cant catch for s**t outside the occasional circus catch. If we wanted big and fast we should be targeting Streeter who has better hands and can run all the routes. I like the Irvin and Jones picks both of those really make up for the Hill pick. You did a great job and this is the best mock ive seen so far. Doubling up on OLBs and getting a FS and NT pretty much fills our important needs imo. Real nice job dude.

Wait what makes you say that Streeter has better hands? It sure didn't look that way at the combine. Hill looked like the much more polished wide receiver and made a sweet diving catch. I wouldn't mind Streeter later on in the draft also however. Anyways as far as the mock, I really like it. Is Bruce Irvin really going to be there with our second pick though? Just throw in a guard and a bigger tight end like Virgil Green for the red zone and that would be an absolutely lovely draft. What's the scouting report on that FS Brandon Hardin? He has great size and speed.
I like it. I doubt Hill will be there when we pick so Id replace him with Randle. I love Bruce Irvin in the second so I wouldnt change that. The only thing Id change would maybe be Massaquoi with a running back or guard.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Wait what makes you say that Streeter has better hands? It sure didn't look that way at the combine. Hill looked like the much more polished wide receiver and made a sweet diving catch. I wouldn't mind Streeter later on in the draft also however. Anyways as far as the mock, I really like it. Is Bruce Irvin really going to be there with our second pick though? Just throw in a guard and a bigger tight end like Virgil Green for the red zone and that would be an absolutely lovely draft. What's the scouting report on that FS Brandon Hardin? He has great size and speed.

they both have equally raw ball skills, the one thing is that Streeter seems to do a lot more body catching compared to Hill.
So I guess Dixon will be cut then too?
Share 49ersWebzone