LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

predict the "oh wow" moment of the draft

I was wrong about my oh wow moment. I thought Poe was going to drop out of the first round and instead it was Courtney Upshaw.

Then the Niners picked Jenkins and I said "oh s**t"...........
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Apr 26, 2012 at 9:06 PM ]
Did not realize that it would be us to provide that "Oh Wow" moment of the Draft. Let's just hope it's a positive "oh wow," instead of pulling an "Al Davis."
go figure it was us.

Baalke's really pissed at Kyle Williams huh ?
Look at the draft on DVR again, after the commish said AJ Green Mayock I bellieve yelled "WOW." One consulation for me is when the Patriots drafted Logan mankins in round 1 mel kiper reamed them saying he was a third round prospect. It turns out the Niners would have picked him with the next pick, and Mankins has been the Pats most consistent lineman.

I also saw tape of AJ Jenkins returning punts, if you get a day one pick returning punts and not fumbling, learning the route tree and stretching the field, you got a player.
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by matt49er:
49ers pass on Fleener at #30 and take a guy none of us ever predicted or wanted at a position that upsets the masses. He then dominates like crazy and we all love him this time next year.

HEY-YO

Winner.
Yeah the niners smashed on all other oh wow moments with their pick.
Originally posted by Overkill:
49ers pass on Fleener at #30 and take a guy none of us ever predicted or wanted at a position that upsets the masses. He then dominates like crazy and we all love him this time next year.

HEY-YO

Winner.

chicken dinner
Originally posted by Overkill:

HEY-YO

Winner.

good job
I think Irvin was the oh, wow moment of the draft. Mark Barron at 7... Luke Kuechly at 9.... Gilmore at 10....Jenkins at 30....Patriots trading up twice... there were a lot of oh, wow moments
My oh wow moments:
1. All the trades in general
2. Rams trading down to finally select Brockers. Don't like the pick.
3. Bruce Irvin going #15
4. Shea McClellian going to a 4-3 team
5. Browns selecting Weeden in the first. I think they could have waited.
6. DeCastro falling to 24
7. Texans selecting Mercilus. Well makes me feel a little better as they passed on a WR. I guess Hill, Randle, or Jeffery wasn't as high on their boards either
8. Us selecting Jenkins.
9. Vikings giving up as much as they did to get Harrison Smith.
[ Edited by miked1978 on Apr 27, 2012 at 3:59 AM ]

Originally posted by miked1978:
9. Vikings giving up as much as they did to get Harrison Smith.

They only gave up pick 98 (early 4th round) to move up 6 spots or were you thinking they could have stayed put and got Smith?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 27, 2012 at 4:38 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
9ers pick seemed to baffle everyone. just like last year.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
They only gave up pick 98 (early 4th round) to move up 6 spots or were you thinking they could have stayed put and got Smith?

I was thinking they gave up a 3rd rounder.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Floyd to Tards, pairing him up with Fitz made me go, "oh-no" not oh wow
All tthe projected 1st rounders who didn't get picked.

Fleener, Randell, etc.
Share 49ersWebzone