There are 160 users in the forums

Burfict could go undrafted

As an ASU season ticket holder, I can tell you that I could not stand to watch this guy play. There was not another player that could frustrate like Burfict did. The guy would make an incredible play, but you knew he would soon follow it up with a bonehead penalty. This past season at ASU he was out of position all year, and was not nearly as good as he was hyped to be.
Originally posted by Tman:
The dude can play linebacker, he must be one hell of a headcase if he is dropping completely out of the draft. Id love the niners to drop a 7th on this guy we could use the ilb depth

No he can't. He plays like an total moron, was out of position more often than not, basically said "f**k it" to whatever the playcall was and went out and did his own thing, no wonder the defensive coordinator is bashing the guy. He plays with raw, unfocused aggression and draws a ton of penalties. His future in the NFL, if he even has one, is on special teams.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
No he can't. He plays like an total moron, was out of position more often than not, basically said "f**k it" to whatever the playcall was and went out and did his own thing, no wonder the defensive coordinator is bashing the guy. He plays with raw, unfocused aggression and draws a ton of penalties. His future in the NFL, if he even has one, is on special teams.

what a waste of talent
Originally posted by Tman:
what a waste of talent

If he could somehow focus, maybe get some Ritalin, take some fish oil, fix whatever the f**k his mental malfunction is, he could be a terrifying linebacker, he's a powerful hitter, if he could direct his aggression and play within a system rather than treating it as an obstacle, he could do great but he's been basically dubbed as "uncoachable" and for every great highlight play of his you see on Youtube, there's about 4 or 5 other idiotic boneheaded plays that people typically don't get to witness. He was hyped like crazy but he'll never amount to anything until he gets his head right.
Let someone else deal with it. No to Burfict in 2012!
I see him landing in Minnesota with dingleberry
He will be a 7th for someone at least. Too much talent not to be.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nines99:
He will be a 7th for someone at least. Too much talent not to be.

id agree with this especially to a team that got loaded up with tons of supplementals like the Packers, Jets or Browns who each have 2 or 3 7th round picks now.
Damn, i thought he would have went before his proday/combine

If Al Davis were alive, he would have drafted Burcifit in the 3rd round
we will take him in the 7th round

Not surprised, saw his fall coming.

His freshman year was extremely impressive, because as a freshman he was overpowering older players left and right and was explosive as hell.

His sophmore year he had some big plays. I thought OLB Brandon Magee played better than Burfict though, and now in hindsight I think Magee made Burfict a better player.

His junior year, he did not look physically in shape. Without Magee on the field (injured in fall camp), it became ever more obvious he had NO CLUE what he was doing on the field. He still made a couple of eye popping plays. But play-by-play he usually a non-factor that drew penalties. His junior year was by far his worst. He was just a constant headache. But he still showed a knack for making plays (interception on Barkley was awesome).

Edit: Erickson was probably the worst type of coach for Burfict to have in college.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Apr 16, 2012 at 10:49 AM ]
he will be a raider or lion
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Not surprised, saw his fall coming.

His freshman year was extremely impressive, because as a freshman he was overpowering older players left and right and was explosive as hell.

His sophmore year he had some big plays. I thought OLB Brandon Magee played better than Burfict though, and now in hindsight I think Magee made Burfict a better player.

His junior year, he did not look physically in shape. Without Magee on the field (injured in fall camp), it became ever more obvious he had NO CLUE what he was doing on the field. He still made a couple of eye popping plays. But play-by-play he usually a non-factor that drew penalties. His junior year was by far his worst. He was just a constant headache. But he still showed a knack for making plays (interception on Barkley was awesome).

Edit: Erickson was probably the worst type of coach for Burfict to have in college.

Erickson is a lousy coach. He piggybacked on to Jimmy Johnson's success at Miami and was mediocre pretty much everywhere else he went. Dude's got the anti-Midas touch.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Erickson is a lousy coach. He piggybacked on to Jimmy Johnson's success at Miami and was mediocre pretty much everywhere else he went. Dude's got the anti-Midas touch.

Indeed. So many players had their best season their FROSH year and then declined as the years went on....like Lawrence Guy. Dont know if Graham will get us winning, but at least he is getting rid of Erickson's culture he created in the program.
My wife actually went to high school with his dad. so I know his family. he really f----d up his draft value, but i think he'd be a steal for us. i'd take him on day 3 if he's still there, and have him learn behind Willis, play ST's, and make us look good in the process. The guy can play inside/outside, and ST's, i say take a flyer on him.
Share 49ersWebzone