LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Burfict could go undrafted

From a guy who went from at one point was a sure-fire first rounder to not having any team visits and possibly not being drafted....amazing. Even his own college coaches are talking s**t about him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/15/burfict-gets-the-cold-shoulder/

Burfict's media session at the Scouting Combine was less-than-impressive, and his team interviews in Indy were regarded as disastrous. Add to that a pair of so-so Pro Days, and Burfict could slide all the way out of the draft.

Teams inclined to take a late-round flier on Burfict have plenty of reasons to look elsewhere. His high-school coach, Matt Logan, said of Burfict, "I am a little bit worried. I just don't know if he's listening to anybody right now." Arizona State defensive coordinator Craig Bray has said any praise for Burfict's skills is "all hype."

Not surprised in the least. I pulled him off the board entirely long, long ago. I had him going undrafted in the most recent big 253 board posted on April 6: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/164913-otcs-big-253-board-april/
What!!!!!!!??????????? I thought he was LaVar Arrington, Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis combined!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/840189-tale-of-the-tape-vontaze-burfict-versus-patrick-willis

I still think someone will take a flyer in round 5-7
Burfict will go undrafted, guaranteed. Not only is he a bad character, his college tape is terrible.
Guaranties in something as unpredictable as the draft is a fools game.
Went to high school with the kid, if Coach Logan is saying things like that, then I wouldn't take a chance on him...Coach Logan's word>>>>>
I figured that after his proday. Guy has no heart or brains.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
The dude can play linebacker, he must be one hell of a headcase if he is dropping completely out of the draft. Id love the niners to drop a 7th on this guy we could use the ilb depth
Originally posted by Tman:
The dude can play linebacker, he must be one hell of a headcase if he is dropping completely out of the draft. Id love the niners to drop a 7th on this guy we could use the ilb depth
no
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
no

yes

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by natrone06:
What!!!!!!!??????????? I thought he was LaVar Arrington, Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis combined!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/840189-tale-of-the-tape-vontaze-burfict-versus-patrick-willis

I still think someone will take a flyer in round 5-7

The dude has all the talent in the world. But it became painfully clear last season that he has no intention of putting in the work. It's too bad, really. He just can't deal with adversity.
I have had him undrafted for some time, and here is the reason. Late round draftees at LB are almost always hard working, high character, do anything you want me to do coach type of players. Burfict does not fit this matrix. He will get a free agent invite to a camp, but I think he will be on so few boards and graded so poorly that I would be shocked if he is selected.
such a waste.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I have had him undrafted for some time, and here is the reason. Late round draftees at LB are almost always hard working, high character, do anything you want me to do coach type of players. Burfict does not fit this matrix. He will get a free agent invite to a camp, but I think he will be on so few boards and graded so poorly that I would be shocked if he is selected.

I wouldnt, if the guy had the attitude and work ethic he would be a first rounder for sure probably the top ILB selected, dude can ball. I would not be surprised if a over confident coach figures he can be the one to turn his attitude around and draft him.

BTW did this guy do anything specific to fall so far out of favor or is he just an all around dumbass?
Originally posted by Tman:
I wouldnt, if the guy had the attitude and work ethic he would be a first rounder for sure probably the top ILB selected, dude can ball. I would not be surprised if a over confident coach figures he can be the one to turn his attitude around and draft him.

BTW did this guy do anything specific to fall so far out of favor or is he just an all around dumbass?

Had off year, blamed coaches to the media for off year, stunk up the combine, and stunk up his pro day. Bad combo
Share 49ersWebzone