There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Charley Casserly's 2 round mock.

I wouldn't be upset with that. There not the most exciting players but a couple of good WRs will still be avaible in 3rd.
I've professed my unending love for Fleener, but Jimmy knows him better than anyone in the league. If we pass on him in the first, it will be for good reason. I LOVE beefing up the trenches. Zeitler is 2nd on my list for OGs in this draft. Im a big 10 Fan and have seen many games where he dominated my Penn State Lions along with most other teams they've faced. He's a fierce straight line drive blocker, is an excellent puller who can move in space, has the quickness to get to the 2nd level and can set his base to shut down pass blockers. He played RG at an All American level so no need to learn a new spot. If you watch highlights of the Badgers, he was the spearhead for many of their big run plays, and there were MANY over his career. I would prefer moving back a couple spots to pick him, then again, if you like someone that much, why risk it? I still think there are value OG's available at spot 61, but if he grades out better, pull the trigger! He could help turn a weakness into a strength. He is just as decorated as Decastro, was in a power run game offense like DeCastro, has just as much experience as Decastro and comes from a major conference like Decastro. When you compare his combine stats to DeCastro, he's right there as well.

Decastro = 6'5" 316
Zeitler = 6'4" 314

Bench
Decastro ( 1 ) = 34
Zeitler ( 2 ) =32

Cone
Decastro ( 1 ) = 7.30
Zeitler ( 5 ) = 7.77

Shuttle
Decastro ( 2 ) = 4.56
Zeitler ( 4 ) 4.61

Vert
Decastro ( 5 ) = 29.5
Zeitler ( 7 ) = 29.0

As far as Ta'amu, he is an ANCHOR at 6'3" 348. This would be a great move to groom him as Soap's replacement while getting his feet wet in short yardage situations. RJF is solid, but he's a little light for the NT position. If we draft someone like Ta'amu, then we can use RJF as DE which seems like a better fit. Same with Dobbs, Williams and Tukafu, they are built like DE's more than NTs. With the 3rd round pick we can go after a TE like Egnew who is an excellent pass catcher. In the 4th I could see us grabbing a WR like Toon/McNutt ( big WR's ) or a solid slot WR who can return punts like Broyles.

1st - RG - Zeitler
2nd - NT - Ta'amu
3rd - TE - Egnew
4th - WR - Broyles

Sign me up for that!
[ Edited by DRUSTOPO on Apr 14, 2012 at 7:17 AM ]
Originally posted by jimrat:
Read this on Zeitler and Im sure yo u would be pumped.

What an awesome write up. I didn't know they had olineman grades like that. For him to have have two perfect games of 100. Joining only Larry Allen and Tony Boselli could tell us what type of future he is gonna have in the pros. I wanted Konz over him until I read this article and will now be pushing for a trade down 8-10 spots and drafting Zeitler. I don't see how Harbaugh could not take this guy,. Thanks for sharing this article.
Originally posted by D-Money:
What an awesome write up. I didn't know they had olineman grades like that. For him to have have two perfect games of 100. Joining only Larry Allen and Tony Boselli could tell us what type of future he is gonna have in the pros. I wanted Konz over him until I read this article and will now be pushing for a trade down 8-10 spots and drafting Zeitler. I don't see how Harbaugh could not take this guy,. Thanks for sharing this article.

however as of now hes still a 2nd round prospect

i would hope to take wright fleener randle jeffery at 30

then use a 2nd and 4th maybe to trade up and get him
Yes he is a borderline late first early second. I would do the opposite and trade down a little, draft Zeitler and then trade our second and picks to move up to get the receiver who slips ( randle, Wright , Hill). Just would want to make sure this guy is on our team first, as Larry Allen and Tony Boselli are once in a generation type players, and I want to take a chance a see if Zeitler could be one.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d8284ad28/article/tworound-mock-draft-no-quarterbacks-taken-in-second-round?module=HP11_cp

Has us taking Zeitler and Ta'amu. What do you guys think? Wouldnt be bad but not real exciting.

Ta'amu sounds like a bust waiting to happen. The guy is huge, but doesn't show up on film. No thanks.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Read this on Zeitler and Im sure yo u would be pumped.

I found this part to be really interesting:

In 2011, one of the "rarest of rare" occurrences took place, a lineman grading 100 percent in a game more than once in the same season. Wisconsin offensive guard Kevin Zeitler attained that "perfect score" in the Indiana and Penn State contests. He joins Larry Allen of Division II Sonoma State (in 1993 vs. Cal-State Hayward and San Francisco State) and Southern California's Tony Boselli (in 1994 vs. Baylor, California and Arizona) as the only players in college annals (since blocking consistency grades were compiled by The NFL Draft Report beginning in 1985) to post more than one 100 percent blocking performance in the same season.

That's pretty impressive

I actually watched Larry Allen play at Sonoma State a couple times . . . . . . it really was not fair. I've never seen one person responsible for taking so many people out of games due to injury, not intentionally or anything . . . simply because of raw physical superiority. Obviously big Larry was a man among boys in the conference and the opposing d-linemen were always trying to test him . . . and they were always sorry they did.

As for Casserly's mock . . . it's not sexy but it would make us better.
Our offensive line has been solid, to mediocre, to horrible, at any given time for years now. Maybe our current coaching staff with a full off season can fix that with what we got, but we still need a right guard. If we draft Zeitler he can start and we have debth behind him. I guess I'm so tired of knowing that with a dominant offensive line, all the skill players would look so much better. It's like having a decent secondary without a pass rush.
I can care less about exciting. I just want a good solid draft that helps this team.
Thanks very much for the Zeitler aricle and post.

I remebmer when watching the draft when we could have gotten LAllen and picked Jim Suckenmiller. Very depressing.

Really good comment by Wild Bill, I'm of the BC generation [Before Computers] and can't figure out to copy parts of other post - so I'll comment this way
There is no perfect draft and we can all find something wrong w/all of them.

I really like the Zeitler pick. I would love it if Kilgore could surprise everyone and play great. Who Knows maybe he can. We'll find out.

Would love to get Crick if possible.

One thing almost for sure, Baalke/Jh will surprise us in this draft.
Never heard of neither so do not want, lol
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I remebmer when watching the draft when we could have gotten LAllen and picked Jim Suckenmiller. Very depressing.

Pretty sure they were not the same draft.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Ta'amu sounds like a bust waiting to happen. The guy is huge, but doesn't show up on film. No thanks.

My best friend (also a Niner fan) has seasons tickets to the UW Huskies and he loathes Ta-amu!!!!!! This kid has potential but he plays down to his level of competition, is inconsistant and is usually out of position. He is a BIG NO THANKS....pass.
that DT will eat himself out of the league in a year or two. hes too big already.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Pretty sure they were not the same draft.

Yeah Larry Allen was drafted in 94, Druckenmiller was 97.