LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

So who else would be in on the Ryan Tannehill sweepstakes if there's such a thing?

Ive heard Seattle is very high on him and even though they just signed Flynn if Tannehill makes it to 12 they would be running to the podium to get him.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
miami will take him at 9

reportedly the cheifs are interested as well
obviously the browns but i doubt at 4

Bet you they won't. No one else will take this kid until after the top-20.

They'll trade back into the end of round 1 for him.

I'll take that bet. Guaranteed, he's a top twenty at least, skill be damned. This is driven by market demand. He will not get past KC if he falls, but it will be the Dolphins if he lands to #8, IM arm-chair O.

Ryan Tannehill is gonna be a way better QB in the NFL than RG3. Tannehill started off his career as a WR. Imagine how much better he would have been if he was a QB all his years at A&M. Tannehill threw 6 TD'a compared to RG3's 3 when they played each other last year. You can't name one game last year he lost. He is more of a precision passer and the kid has wheels if he sees nothing down field.
I think he will get drafted one spot above Cleveland (from Atlanta) at 21
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I think he will get drafted one spot above Cleveland (from Atlanta) at 21

Who trades in to the 21 spot to take him? Miami? Bengals currently pick there.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Apr 10, 2012 at 12:07 AM ]
I still say this kid is going top 15! If Gabbert can be chosen at #10 and Locker at #8, then this kid can also go that high.
Originally posted by ninertico:
I still say this kid is going top 15! If Gabbert can be chosen at #10 and Locker at #8, then this kid can also go that high.

They were both rated higher, at least at one point, than Tannehill.
If Locker would have come out in 2010 he would possibly have been the number 1 pick.

I do think Tannehill goes #8 to Miami.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/62702/on-trade-prospects-near-top-of-2012-draft

I'm not the only one who thinks the #3 spot could be where Tannehill lands.

Really interesting draft at the top and bottom of round one.

Yep, and Blaine Gabbert had a truly horrific season. Whereas Dalton, who I said was likely to be best QB out of that draft class after Newton played pretty well.

I'm not saying Tannehill going that early WONT happen, but if it does its a RETARDED move. Just like it was dumb to take Gabbert at #10. Jacksonville could have taken JJ Watt which made a whole lot more sense for them. But they got such a hard on for QB they reached for Gabbert.

Locker I'm not surprised he went top 10 and don't consider that a reach. Locker is a much better prospect then Tannehill. Once Locker sees the field, he will probably do fairly well. Locker has the arm strength to make every NFL throw and his biggest weakness was he was poor at decision making (typical of a QB who relies so much on his legs as Locker did early on). And Locker did show the ability to throw balls with excellent accuracy, albiet not on a consistent basis. Locker also had better mechanics then Tannehill did. The only reason Locker fell to #8 is because his senior season he was wildly inconsistent but GMs/scouts knew he still had the physical ability to be an NFL QB and outstanding potential.
miami will take him at 9

reportedly the cheifs are interested as well
obviously the browns but i doubt at 4

Bet you they won't. No one else will take this kid until after the top-20.

They'll trade back into the end of round 1 for him.

I'll take that bet. Guaranteed, he's a top twenty at least, skill be damned. This is driven by market demand. He will not get past KC if he falls, but it will be the Dolphins if he lands to #8, IM arm-chair O.

Ok Tico... let's make a bet. If he goes 21 or after, I win. If he goes 20 or under, you win. What you wanna bet? Something simple or silly. Us being over the internet, betting something substantial is probably not a great idea.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Apr 10, 2012 at 9:33 PM ]

Ok Tico... let's make a bet. If he goes 21 or after, I win. If he goes 20 or under, you win. What you wanna bet? Something simple or silly. Us being over the internet, betting something substantial is probably not a great idea.

standard bet is username change

I'm down. Personally, I'd want mine to be a salute to one of the greatest 49ers quarterbacks of the Mike Nolan era... like Cody Picket or JT O'Sullivan.

But maybe just for the duration of the offseason...
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Apr 11, 2012 at 1:49 AM ]

I'm down. Personally, I'd want mine to be a salute to one of the greatest 49ers quarterbacks of the Mike Nolan era... like Cody Picket or JT O'Sullivan.

But maybe just for the duration of the offseason...

Done!!!! BTW, the buzz is going full steam ahead IF, and big frickin' IF, the Dolphins really want Tannehill or not...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8283a06f/article/bill-polian-talks-dolphinsvikings-draftday-swap?campaign=Twitter_atl

Let's have some fun with this!

PS Personally, I don't think Tannehill is worth a top 10 pick, but THE franchise QBs market will make him one. I believe he's just like Gabbert and Ponder. Ponder to me was a 15-25 pick while Gabbert was just behind him. I think Tannehill is in that same range.

PPS My new name will be DeBergFTW
[ Edited by ninertico on Apr 11, 2012 at 8:31 AM ]
guess ill take my plate of crow now. never thought this dude would be getting drafted this high but it's really looking that way.
Originally posted by lamontb:
guess ill take my plate of crow now. never thought this dude would be getting drafted this high but it's really looking that way.

One or two servings, Sir? Today's special also comes with your favorite Ale, too, "WTF is This!". Nice and hoppy.
Share 49ersWebzone