There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Quick and dirty natural mock

Straight-up natural mock. No trades.

1-30: Coby Fleener TE Stanford (I feel pretty good about him being there)

2-61: Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa State (Competition for Kilgore, maybe Kilgore to center in 2013?)

3-92: Greg Childs WR Arkansas (Could be a steal here)

4-125: Philip Blake C/OG Baylor (More competition in the interior line)

5-165: Janzen Jackson S McNeese State

6-199: Micah Pellerin CB Hampton

7-237: Jerrell Harris OLB/ILB Alabama

What say you?
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Apr 6, 2012 at 6:25 AM ]
You did a great job addressing a lot of needs. I like it.

My only criticism would be with the Fleener pick at 30. I believe I am in the minority, however I don't think he is the pick there. Not only is it not a position of need, but I have read that he doesn't have a first round grade from a lot of scouts. I understand that Walker is a UFA next year, but that that doesn't necessarily mean we should draft our #2 TE replacement a year early in the first round.

Personally, I want WR (Hill/Wright) or CB (Jenkins/Gilmore/Kirkpatrick) with the first pick.r
Would be really happy with that. Good job
my favorite part of this draft? Finally somebody who isnt sleeping on Greg Childs
Nice mock, my only concern is taking two OL with our middle round picks. I'd be much more comfortable with the Niners taking a RB somewhere in there. I'd like to see either Robert Turbin or Joe Martinek. I think there's going to be enough competition for our interior OL spots, between Kilgore, Pearson, Beeler and whomever they draft this year (Silatolu, Osemele, Konz... or deCastro) Otherwise it's a solid mock...
Originally posted by Juggernaut49erFan:
Nice mock, my only concern is taking two OL with our middle round picks. I'd be much more comfortable with the Niners taking a RB somewhere in there. I'd like to see either Robert Turbin or Joe Martinek. I think there's going to be enough competition for our interior OL spots, between Kilgore, Pearson, Beeler and whomever they draft this year (Silatolu, Osemele, Konz... or deCastro) Otherwise it's a solid mock...

My only question is why we would take another RB? Unless they cut one early there is too much competition in camp. U know good and well Gore, Hunter, and Jacobs will make the roster. Dixon or Rock will make it due to their special teams.
U have some nice ideas in there but that 30th pick is tricky. Ithink its too high for Fleener and we dont need to be reaching for anybody. I thonk we go bpa which I think would give us a cb,rb,olb,or wr. At pick 30 I think we get the best value from rb.
good job. i am not on the fleener bandwagon, im not saying he will be a bad pro, i just dont see the need to draft a #2 TE in first round. i believe there will be several players on the board that we could draft that would be more of a need. WR,oline or dline would be better imo.

also, u dont address OLB until round 7, maybe your 4th rounder should be a OLB. since u drafted a OG in round 2, i dont see a need of getting another.
Originally posted by fortyniner52:
My only question is why we would take another RB? Unless they cut one early there is too much competition in camp. U know good and well Gore, Hunter, and Jacobs will make the roster. Dixon or Rock will make it due to their special teams.

I see where you're coming from, but i think that the type of contracts that the team gave to Jacobs (much like the Moss contract) allows for a lot of leeway with regards to cutting these FA vets. I think either Turbin or Martinek would be a better overall fit for what Harbaugh seems to envision for our offensive philosophy. I can see either of those guys beating out Jacobs and/or Dixon for a roster spot.
I really like this draft -- the only thing you're missing is a defensive lineman.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I really like this draft -- the only thing you're missing is a defensive lineman.

Thanks for the feed back everybody. I agree that this draft would make re-signing Soap and/or RJF more of a necessity.
Originally posted by fortyniner52:
Originally posted by Juggernaut49erFan:

Yeah, RB seems pretty crowded already. I don't think that would stop Baalke from grabbing a great value, but I agree that 1-3 looks to be set already and Dixon's days are numbered even without a draft prospect.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by nickbradley:

Thanks for the feed back everybody. I agree that this draft would make re-signing Soap and/or RJF more of a necessity.

Could be my favorite draft on the Zone. I stand pat that the Niners do not need to draft a DL in this draft, unless BPA. Tukufua and RJF are capable back ups and develooping, Ian Williams at NT, and Dobbs. I predict the Niners will keep 7 DL on the roster, because they do not want to lose any of the aforementioned players.

In my humble opinion I would only change a few things. I think Philip Blake from Baylor would not last until pick in the 4th.

Philip Blake- 3rd Round
4th Round- Your WR from Arkansas, if he is not there, Marvin Jones from Cal.
love the mock

i would perfer jarius wright over greg childs (like tem both) but thats just a personnel thing

i think in the 6th i would go with DL instead of CB

CBs we have rogers, brown culliver cox and brock

thats 4 solid guys DL for depth we dont have much
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home