lmao at these so called "experts" grading. I had Aldon in the top 15 heading into 2011 draft.
At the time I liked the first 4 picks(Aldon, Kaep, Culliver and Hunter), I was one of the few who liked culliver. I liked Miller when drafted, thought at FB was odd. Liked Ronald Johnson pick, but was wrong.
Kilgore I liked even with trading up, Person/Holcomb/Jones picks were developmental type picks and was fine with them.
Now to have 3 of our first 4 picks contibute plus Miller and Jones was a great draft, even if early.
There are 661 users in the forums
2011 Draft Grades....who got it right?
Apr 5, 2012 at 7:53 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,104
Apr 6, 2012 at 12:44 AM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,335
Solomon was pretty close. It was a good draft. I give him credit for giving it a B. Probably a little higher than that actually. But a good grande none the less from him.
Apr 6, 2012 at 7:10 AM
- ishkabibel
- Veteran
- Posts: 696
These socalled experts are never held accountable. They just continue to spew out nonsense in a lot of instances, then begin the next season with a clean slate. I view very few of them as professional, viewing most for entertainment value.
Apr 6, 2012 at 7:34 AM
- English
- Moderator
- Posts: 41,415
The Webzone wasn't very happy either, IIRC.
Apr 6, 2012 at 7:48 AM
- DRUSTOPO
- Veteran
- Posts: 586
I think the experts and most of the fan base were not thrilled 11 months ago with this draft. The three picks everyone questioned (Aldon, Culliver and Miller) ended up being our most important rookies. Everyone's argument was that they were too raw. I think we have to give a lot of credit to this coaching staff for their quick development.