There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MadDog's CB Rankings Board

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Just because Watt played every down last year and Aldon didnt means he had a better year????? LMAO
?

aldon smith outsacked von miller but von miller crushed aldon smith by like 20 voted for defensive player of the year mainly because he played every snap and aldon didnt
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Apr 5, 2012 at 2:59 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Just because Watt played every down last year and Aldon didnt means he had a better year????? LMAO
?

aldon smith outsacked von miller but von miller crushed aldon smith by like 20 voted for defensive player of the year mainly because he played every snap and aldon didnt

Right, but that DOESNT mean Aldon had a BETTER year. is what im saying. us Niner fans know Aldon had the better year despite not having as many votes!
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by mebemused:
First off, love the topic MadDog.

I think that we will draft a corner or two in this draft. If Jenkins is available at #30, and we are taking BPA, than we take him.

According to your value board, Josh Norman is available in the third.
What do you think of Asa Jackson in the 4th, and Ryan Steed in the 5th?

Looking forward to your threads on our other needs.

If Jenkins is on the board at 30, unless someone else has had a phenomenal drop, he has to be the choice. He is a Day One starter in my opinion and has Pro Bowl potential

But the odds of him being there at 30?
Originally posted by midrdan:
But the odds of him being there at 30?

not very good
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
And this is coming from the guy who thought we shoulda drafted JJ Watt over Aldon.

lol, not gonna read.

JJ Watt was an elite 3-4 end last year.

He had 5.5 sacks...... ur telling me u wanted him over Aldon too?

Not to butt in, but there is no drop-off in talent from Aldon to Watt. Watt was and still is a monster. I live in Texas and I have an affinity for the Texans and caught almost all their games. Watt was incredible and constantly embarrassed opposing OL.

Watt was widely considered the best 3-4 DE, and better at his position than Aldon was. Turns out they were both among the best at their position. I do think right now it's too early to say which is better at their position because of the fact that both did outstanding in year one. My ultimate point is, if we had drafted Watt, it would easily be justifiable that it would've been just as good of a pick.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
And this is coming from the guy who thought we shoulda drafted JJ Watt over Aldon.

lol, not gonna read.

JJ Watt was an elite 3-4 end last year.

He had 5.5 sacks...... ur telling me u wanted him over Aldon too?

Not to butt in, but there is no drop-off in talent from Aldon to Watt. Watt was and still is a monster. I live in Texas and I have an affinity for the Texans and caught almost all their games. Watt was incredible and constantly embarrassed opposing OL.

Watt was widely considered the best 3-4 DE, and better at his position than Aldon was. Turns out they were both among the best at their position. I do think right now it's too early to say which is better at their position because of the fact that both did outstanding in year one. My ultimate point is, if we had drafted Watt, it would easily be justifiable that it would've been just as good of a pick.

See now your post actually makes sense. Thank you.

Always good to hear your opinion, OTC... I would just add to what you wrote that Watt and Aldon are very different players (and actually play different positions). IMHO, Watt is a very versatile, every down 3-4 DE (much like Justin Smith), and Aldon, right now anyway, is more of an 3-4 OLB (or Elephant type player like Charles Haley or Demarcus Ware)..

Like you mentioned, both are absolute studs at this point in their careers. I'm certain the Niners took a long look at Watt but chose Aldon because they already had Justin Smith and Ray McDonald...yet were lacking that Ware-type pass rusher which would give their defense another dimension. It was a risky pick because Aldon was really young but it turned out that they chose well.

cheers!
why dont you have casey heyward rated?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
why dont you have casey heyward rated?

look at his big board

Justin Smith is widely considered the best 3-4 DE because he is the best 3-4 DE. Watt is elite however.