LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

The Trade Down Mock Draft (3-30-12)

49ers Trade 1st and 4th for Dolphins 2nd (10th selection) and third round (10th selection)
49ers Trade 2nd for texans 3rd (13th) and 4th (4th) rounders

Rd 2: Alshon Jeffrey WR (From Dolphins)

Rd 3: Bernard Pierce RB (From Dolphins)
Michael Egnew TE (From Texans)
Markelle Martin FS

Rd 4: Mike Brewster C (From Texans)

Rd 5: Vernon Olivier DE/OLB

Rd 6: Asa Jackson CB
like the idea

meh on the selections
I hope the dolphins want to move up and we get there 1st next year!
Nope. Want Fleener.
It sounds like a good idea, but that draft was not good. . Every single player drafted would be a backp and a back up without rotating in very often. I might take Fleener over the whole draft.
Originally posted by D-Money:
It sounds like a good idea, but that draft was not good. . Every single player drafted would be a backp and a back up without rotating in very often. I might take Fleener over the whole draft.

agree
With so many roster spots already spoken for, I cannot see them trading down and getting more picks.

I am in favor,, and I believe this has a better chance of happening, that we trade up and for a Fleener, or a DeCastro, or a receiver.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Nope. Want Fleener.

I think we'll have to trade up for Fleener. Some team will want to draft the next Gronk/Ghram. Copycat league.

11 returning starters on defense and 8 or 9 starters atleast on offense not a lot of room for anything but backups.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

11 returning starters on defense and 8 or 9 starters atleast on offense not a lot of room for anything but backups.

who wants to draft back ups?

• dj43
The concept may happened but not sure about the players.

If I were Baalke, I would package picks, some of this year and even some future picks to get an impact player or two. With no specific needs and reasonable depth, there is no reason to get a lot of new players so making a move for a key player or two makes more sense.
Originally posted by PSYKO5:

we have starters in place, what trading down could allow is for greater depth and talented guys who can learn the system with an eye on becoming future starters down the road.

Alshon could/would start depending on how Randy works out and he allows Crab to play the slot in 3 wide formations. He effectively takes Braylon's role over long term.

Egnew can start in 2 Tight End sets and is interchangeable with Delainie as an all-purpose H-back, playing on the line, in the backfield, and in the slot. A big boost to our redzone offense

Pierce would take some of the weight off Frank's shoulders and hopefully prolong Frank's career, eventually he could take the reins for us alongside Hunter. Catches the ball well out of the backfield and could help out immediately in short yardage situations.

Brewster would apprentice behind Goodwin and be the future starter when Goodwin walks away.
<blockquote class="quote">It sounds like a good idea, but that draft was not good. . Every single player drafted would be a backp and a back up without rotating in very often. I might take Fleener over the whole draft.

Established teams who don't have to draft starters cause they already have them. That's who.
Like the concept, not sure about the picks, The Egnew pick I liked. other than that I'd rather find a guard fairly early. I'm not as high on Kilgore (sp) as the rest of the zone appears to be. Also wouldn't mind finding a way to get Fleener. 6 6 target is a 6 6 target no matter if you put him on the line, or split him out!!!
Originally posted by Rathman_44:
<blockquote class="quote">It sounds like a good idea, but that draft was not good. . Every single player drafted would be a backp and a back up without rotating in very often. I might take Fleener over the whole draft.

Established teams who don't have to draft starters cause they already have them. That's who.
??? So..
Share 49ersWebzone